Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 266 Times in 170 Posts

Esapekka lappi wrc 2015?

It´s time to next young gun in WRC car?

I think Esapekka is ready and best young talent.

what you think?

Esapekka´s career

2007 Finnish karting champion
    2008 Winner in all 21 rallysprints in Finland for young rally drivers
    2011 Neste oil rally class winner
    2012 Finnish rally champion. Won all 7/7 FRC rallies in Finland.
    2012 Winner in Poland(ERC)

2013 Winner in Rallye Du Valais (ERC)
    2013 3 wins in Asia (APRC)
    2014 3 wins in ERC
    2014 European rally Champion! after 2 weeks ... He needs only 5pts in last Rally tour de corse.

NEXT year WRC? Hope he gets WRC... 4th VW car? or Huyndai 4th car? Toyota 2016?

2. Likes: andyone (28th October 2014)
    친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    No he is not ready yet.

Liked 1,133 Times in 607 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T View Post
    No he is not ready yet.
    i would't say that without seeing him try first. but i think abbring should be given a chance first since he is better.

Liked 207 Times in 129 Posts
    i think i would like to see what he can do with r5,of course he did excellent job with the s2000 but i would like to see if he can be with the new r5 as fast as Abbring was this year.Kevin showed with his r5 that without problems he could win all the events he participated.I am sure Essapeka will take a chance to drive in the big championship cause he is really good driver,but i dont know when.i know that vw keeps an eye on him but this year andreas showed very big improvement and huge potential for the future so...maybe Lappi's future is not in vw.
    Last edited by nafpaktos; 27th October 2014 at 20:27.
    fb page
    bring back acropolis rally to wrc calendar

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    It is easy to be fast in ladycups with ladycars... things get a bit more serious in the big league...

Liked 1,133 Times in 607 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T View Post
    It is easy to be fast in ladycups with ladycars... things get a bit more serious in the big league...
    no.
    the impressive ones always remain the impressive ones.
    it doesn't matter if its jwrc, erc, irc, wrc2 of whatever they invent, potential world champions always tand out.

ogier, meeke, neuville and now abbring and lefebvre are the ones that truly impressed me the last few years.
    but drivers like breen, tanak, paddon, evans, wiegand, bouffier never really looked like future champions to me. and the same for lappi. for sure he's a fast driver, but i don't think he's wrc-factory-driver fast.

8. Likes: gravelman (1st November 2014),Rallyper (27th October 2014)
    Liked 1,779 Times in 421 Posts
    Have seen him live. He is not WRC material yet. He is fighting with Breen. We have seen Breen in WRC this year, not his place yet.
    Colins Crest = Möldri Mätas

10. Likes: makinen_fan (27th October 2014),pantealex (28th October 2014)
    Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post
    i would't say that without seeing him try first. but i think abbring should be given a chance first since he is better.
    Abring is fast on tarmac, but Peugeot 208 is much faster car than skoda s2000 in many rallies so hard to say. I say Lappi is faster if they both drive similar cars whole season.

Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post
    no.
    the impressive ones always remain the impressive ones.
    And that's the problem. Lappi has not been so impressive in the ERC like Neuville, Meeke, Mikkelsen or Hänninen were in the past. Despite him winning the title this year I feel a bit disappointed. Except Ireland he was only benefiting from problems of Peugeots. Abbring was clearly faster everywhere and what is more disturbing is that while Abbring (or in the past Meeke, Neuville, Mikkelsen, Hänninen) was able to fight for victory everywhere Lappi was not. His speed and results were too much up and down and he was too often struggling with local privateers (even with same car - Loix or Kresta were faster than him for example). He keeps crashing quite a lot as well.

Also last year he was not able to win APRC with the only one serious opponent in Gaurav Gill. The reason for that was plenty of his own mistakes and crashes. It's not a good sign when You see that this year Kopecký who is pure asphalt driver won APRC against the same opponent.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

13. Likes: andyone (28th October 2014),focus206 (27th October 2014)
    ERC/IRC champions before Lappi. Andreas Mikkelsen, Juho Hänninen, Kris Meeke..

And IRC and ERC rally winners Mikko Hirvonen, Thierry Neuville, Dani Sordo, Sebastian Ogier...

LAPPI is simply the best driver this year in ERC... so hope he get soon change to drive R5 and WRC cars in WRC rallies