Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
    Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PLuto View Post
    Congrats to Sarrazin for his win on Tour de Corse, last win of RRC car in ERC.
    Why Pluto, is RRC not allowed next year?

Liked 34 Times in 18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PLuto View Post
    Next year it will be 7 best results from all events. Season is not divided into halfs like this year.
    Thanks.

Congratulations to Sarrazin. He is probably one of the best drivers in motorsport: fast in rally and fast in circuit racing.

Huge respect for Eric Camilli with his performance. Now I want to see this driver outside France in an international championship.

Guglielmi won the 2WD class. He is always fast in Corse.

The good news is that the Jänner Rallye is already quite close now.
    Last edited by Wim_Impreza; 8th November 2014 at 19:53.

3. Likes: Kalm (8th November 2014),Mihai (8th November 2014)
    Liked 629 Times in 347 Posts
    Huge congratulations to happy winner-Sarrazin. I never expected for a circuit driver to win rally in E.C. I know that he has some experience (also testing Yaris WRC), but testing is never comparable to ''stage'' experience. Well done and also a reminder for all established drivers, that they are not unbeatable....and some of them are professionals! A bit embarrassing, if you ask me....

5. Likes: A FONDO (8th November 2014)
    2007 Overall Pickems Champion
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    So glad for Stephane Sarrazin, he really overwhelmed my expectations of him in this rally. I haven't followed Corsica at all, but I'm really happy for Sarrazin. Some 15 years ago I watched him win his very first Formula 3000 race after rain-chaos, later I watched him make his debut in Formula 1 and I was a fan of him as he raced for my favorite team Minardi in Brazil back in 1999. Some 5 years later I thought he had a very bright future in rallying after a ground breaking 4th place in France in a privateer Subaru. I actually wrote a story about him signing for works SWRT team in 2005, anticipating an asphalt win later that year. Too bad that they didn't allow him to gain more experience in rallying. I hope Peugeot will hire him for a ERC title attempt next year!
    "Nada pode me separar do amor de Deus"
    http://rallyeracing.wordpress.com/

7. Likes: A FONDO (8th November 2014)
    Liked 5,566 Times in 2,299 Posts
    Sarrazin won Var 2001 too

Liked 222 Times in 101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ucci View Post
    Huge congratulations to happy winner-Sarrazin. I never expected for a circuit driver to win rally in E.C. I know that he has some experience (also testing Yaris WRC), but testing is never comparable to ''stage'' experience. Well done and also a reminder for all established drivers, that they are not unbeatable....and some of them are professionals! A bit embarrassing, if you ask me....
    Sarrazin was a factory Subaru driver for some tarmac rallies back in the day so he definately has experience driving rally stages. Hats off of course for him, winning the rally and he was very fast from the first stage untill the end without making a mistake.

10. Likes: A FONDO (9th November 2014),stefanvv (8th November 2014)
    Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    He drove also IRC for Peugeot several times. He was battling for victory in Monte Carlo at least twice. He also did Ypres but crashed very early.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 827 Times in 374 Posts
    Some will say I'm stupid, but if you see Abbring's times and also in France after day 1 he didn't push and then the damn car can finish... I'm very sure we didn't see the Abbring from previous ERC events, I'm very aware he could have battled for the win, RRC's are very strong in mountain rallies but R5 have also the turbo. This was a crap season for Breen but even more for Abbring he has more potential than Breen, and I know with this comment that some will not agree. But I know it for sure that Abbring is WRC potential driver.

13. Likes: A FONDO (9th November 2014),br21 (9th November 2014),dimviii (9th November 2014),EightGear (9th November 2014),focus206 (9th November 2014),gravelman (11th November 2014),HaCo (9th November 2014),Mirek (9th November 2014),rage82 (9th November 2014),WUff1 (9th November 2014)
    Liked 183 Times in 122 Posts
    Did the Toyota Yaris testing help Sarrazin? i.e The feedback from the Toyota Engineers.

Liked 1,176 Times in 389 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeakiwi View Post
    Did the Toyota Yaris testing help Sarrazin? i.e The feedback from the Toyota Engineers.
    Feedback probably also a little, but mostly the kilometers he done behind the wheel of Yaris.