Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    You might as well get Mercedes to design every car then. All have the same car and then the season will be really competitive

I would go for 26 cars from 13 teams any day over 26 cars from a few teams. Just a personal opinion
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 50 Times in 33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steveaki13 View Post
    Now whats happened to make Marussia miss the rest of this season? I didn't realise they were in such a bad situation. Obviously Bianchi's crash has not helped, but they shouldn't be withdrawing from F1.

Their 2 points from Monaco look likely to go to waste.
    If Marussia goes down it because it isn't turning up to races the owner will truly be one of the biggest idiots around. If they hang on till the end of this year they will receive a massive boost to their income thanks to the 2 points at Monaco. He will be forfeiting that by not forking out the costs for one or two races and making the team worthless.... The mind boggles really if the guy can't do his calculations and can't be bothered to dig deeper to keep the team going for just three more races.

3. Likes: steveaki13 (26th October 2014)
    Absolutely. To withdraw now seems crazy. Surley someone could keep them going. Even if it was still one car for the last 3 races

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I dont think the "elite" teams care too much really, remember Ferrari and their long desire to run three cars, they can only do that with less teams on the grid
    "Alboreto, into the pits, and im going to stop the startwatch" (Murray Walker, Monaco 1987)

I know the top teams wont care, but F1 fans will care and it is a better place with a full grid with many teams IMO.

Liked 65 Times in 42 Posts
    F1 has made many changes recently designed to make F1 more viable yet nothing has changed. All these long-life parts and the restriction on testing have apparently done nothing to help small teams stay in the sport. HRT, Caterham and probably Marussia are all finished it would seem. Sauber are questionable and I don't think Force India are as secure as they need to be. Ol' Vijay is going to run out of money at some point. I don't think Torro Rosso would survive without Red Bull money.
    Forza Ferrari!!

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    If I was grand high poo-bah and in charge of F1, I'd seriously be suggesting to companies like Hyundai, Mahindra, Great Wall or SAIC that they should buy the teams.

The fact that F1 Management engages so badly with Asian countries is scandalous. If Bernie is supposedly in charge, then why isn't he in charge?
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts

Liked 12 Times in 12 Posts
    Bianchi's points in Monaco really should be enough to save Marussia, but they've been living week to week since their title sponsor went bust in April. The writing was on the wall for them since the weird incident in Belgium where Chilton was dropped then later reinstated: Daddy Chilton owns half the team, so it was a sign of serious money issues.

A couple of points won't make much difference to Sauber, only a miracle from Caterham in Abu Dhabi would drop Sauber out of the top 10, so their Category 1 prize money for next year is fairly safe.

Caterham is just a mess and have little of hope of survival, but maybe some of the i.p. will magically turn up with Kolles at Forza Rossa in 2016.
    Last edited by pob; 27th October 2014 at 05:22.

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malbec View Post
    If Marussia goes down it because it isn't turning up to races the owner will truly be one of the biggest idiots around. If they hang on till the end of this year they will receive a massive boost to their income thanks to the 2 points at Monaco. He will be forfeiting that by not forking out the costs for one or two races and making the team worthless.... The mind boggles really if the guy can't do his calculations and can't be bothered to dig deeper to keep the team going for just three more races.
    I believe Joe Saward wrote that they can miss three races and still be classified .
    With no Caterham on the grid , so no chance of being beaten , it would seem a bit idiotic to go off to Texas and blow a bunch of money , wouldn't it ?