Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Banned
    Liked 152 Times in 123 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zako85 View Post
    Ex post, it does seem like Webber could go to Lotus after 2011. Boullier was inviting him in public promising that at Lotus Webber will be number one. Of course, ex-ante Webber couldn't have predicted how successful the Lotus cars could be in 2012-13. Raikkonen did better those seasons than Webber.
    I don't recall Webber even complaining that his Red Bull pay checks were late, so maybe staying away from Lotus was not a bad move.

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zako85 View Post
    Ex post, it does seem like Webber could go to Lotus after 2011. Boullier was inviting him in public promising that at Lotus Webber will be number one. Of course, ex-ante Webber couldn't have predicted how successful the Lotus cars could be in 2012-13. Raikkonen did better those seasons than Webber.
    You could be right. After the loss of Kubica Lotus was missing a driver with who to go forward in 2012. But I guess during 2011 I would have made the same decision as Webber, because Lotus was struggling with car development that year and didn't seem like a strong proposition.