Liked 140 Times in 86 Posts

Yorkshire Rally 2015

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/116027

Yorkshire gets a slot on next season's ERC - I will definitely be there! Organised by Colin Heppenstall who has run the Roger Albert Clark Rally for a decade and, from next year, the British Historic Rally Championship.

Let's hope this marks an upturn in the state of Rallying in Britain

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    Which possibly explains why the R.A.C Rally has moved out of Yorkshire - to make room for the ERC Rally Yorkshire. Think the timing is unfortunate; coming so soon after the Trackrod, and Malton Forest Rally, and 2 weeks before Rally of GB.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

True, possibly Malton Forest Rally could run as support. Not so sure about Trackrod

Colin Heppenstall quoted in Motorsport news this week as saying that the R.A.C. Rally will be part of Yorkshire Rally. Strange decision if you ask me. I think Yorkshire Rally needs it more than R.A.C. needs it. I just hope, perhaps when the BRC is back up to full speed, we can see a late-Nov/early-Dec event running in Kielder again in the near future.

The RAC has never suffered from being 2 weeks away from WRGB, this is what so many in the North have been waiting for - Winter is coming
    Last edited by Mintexmemory; 3rd October 2014 at 11:00.

Liked 802 Times in 437 Posts
    Not strange at all, both the Malton and unused RAC allocations are needed to run all the available forest miles in the N Yorks forests. You also need local administrators to run the rally. So a combination of De Lacy and Malton clubs looks likely. Clearly the success of pulling the locals out to see the Tour de France will have encouraged some of the necessary funding too. 20 ERC cars 30 other classes 60 Historics and maybe an 'open' National - I'll be there too!
    Kris Meeke got fired -PSG so terrified they quit!

Not on the provisional calendar so perhaps this has died a death and the R.A.C. Rally could remain in Sunderland, Kielder Forest and late-November

Liked 106 Times in 60 Posts
    According to someone on British rally forum the event will run in the spring of 2016, as the original date was too close to WRGB. Makes sense really.

I'd like to see that as the opening round of the relaunched BRC then!