Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Who will be the last two to clinch a Chase spot in Richmond

Going into Richmond, 14 drivers have clinched a spot in this years Chase. Who do you think will clinch the last two spots. There have been 13 winners and Matt Kenseth is far enough ahead in points to guarantee himself a spot.

As for a new winner, the only possibility I see is Matt Kenseth, which would be irrelevant since he is already clinched. Newman and Biffle are currently 15th and 16th, with Bowyer and Larson 17th and 18th. The four of them are the only ones in the top 30 who have a chance to get in the chase by points, all the rest would have to win, and I just don't see that happening. Tony Stewart might be an exception, but he didn't win all season before the unfortunate incident, and I just don't see him winning Saturday . . . which is a shame. Stewart is a great champion.

I think it will Newman easily finishing high enough to give him a chase spot and Biffle will hang on by his fingernails.

It should be exciting.
    Last edited by Brierley; 2nd September 2014 at 14:31.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Barring a win by a driver not currently in the top 16 seeds the research I did shows that the 16 that are there now will be the 16 that are in the Farce when they get to Chicago. 23 points, though not impossible, is just to big a bite for Boyay to bite off in one race, and Larson is 24 back. Biffle is the only one who is truly vulnerable as a win by someone lower in the standings boots him no matter how good he finishes as he is 19 behind Newman.
    #4 2014 Sprint Cup Champion, 2007 Daytona 500,2003 Brickyard 400,2x Coke 600,2014 Southern 500 Champ: 962 starts,90 wins, 345 T5s, 544 T10s, 44 poles, 2x NNS champ

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The brilliance of this new chase format. Tomorrow night in Richmond, there will be several drivers with nothing to lose. 2nd place will not be enough, only a win. I wish I were going.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Turned out to be Newman and Biffle. Pretty anti-climactic. Newman did what he had to do, and Biffle stroked his way in. Bowyer really got up on the wheel and wrung out that Toyota for all it was worth, it just was no match for Kez and Harvick.
    Last edited by Brierley; 8th September 2014 at 21:13.