Quote Originally Posted by jens View Post
Rjbetty. Interesting you talk about Räikkönen and Button. Both known for being pretty consistent and error-free, bringing points home. Main issue - some adaptability problems and particularly struggling with heating up tyres in qualifying.

The one wonder for me is Hülkenberg. People talk about the fall of Vettel and Räikkönen, who were front-runners in the last few years, but Hulk for me is also a small casualty. Sort of "complete" with pretty good speed, consistency, point-scoring, racecraft. But has been outraced by Perez a bit too often this year and has really lost the spark recently. I remember I have been hyping Hülkenberg a fair amount here on this forum. You could make a strong argument he was a top5 driver on the grid in 2012-13.

Hulk has talent and he should come back stronger. But with drivers like Ricciardo, Bottas, Kvyat coming up very strongly, it could be that the doors of top teams will remain closed for Hulk and he remains a perennial midfielder...

Problem with Kvyat is that he is a Red Bull junior driver. He has next year at STR, then he goes off to drive a sports car, because STR with wash their hands of him, unless RBR part ways with Vettel.

Hulks problem seems to be that he is too big and heavy, and with the current quite ludicrous weight rules, he is being badly handicapped.