Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts
    If Rosberg actually said "I meant it" or words to that effect, he's an utter, utter prat. Seriously, deep into "Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" territory.

2. Likes: steveaki13 (24th August 2014)
    Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    wow, I guess Germans really are a bunch of cheats.... Just kidding

Banned
    Liked 152 Times in 123 Posts
    From the outside view you can see they bang wheels, and then separate. Then, Rosberg moves to the right and back into Hamilton. At no point during the entire thing does Hamilton move toward Rosberg. This "accident" was all Rosberg's doing.

From Rosberg's in-car camera, you cannot see the wheels bang, but you can see that in the hit that took out Hamilton's tire, Rosberg aggressively turns into him.

I can't pretend to know what Rosberg was thinking, but the video suggests at best it was an utterly irresponsible and stupid accident on Rosberg's part because he didn't give his own teammate an inch in a race where they had out qualified the field by 2 seconds. At worst (which I don't want to believe), it was a deliberate take-out.

OK, now this is reaching the Prost/Senna level, and Mercedes really needs to get a grip on this before it gets to the Villeneuve/Pironi level. If Hamilton and Rosberg take each other out in the next race (And who could blame Lewis for initiating that?), suddenly Ricciardo is within striking distance, especially with the double points finale looming.

Mercedes muffed this championship from the beginning. They apparently have zero control over their drivers. They could not stop them from using the wrong engine maps to get an advantage, they couldn't get Hamilton to obey team orders in Hungary, and now they can't keep Rosberg from driving like a douche.

If nothing else, it's going to be fun to see what Lauda has to say.

5. Likes: Tazio (24th August 2014)
    Banned
    Liked 152 Times in 123 Posts
    I think today also makes what happened in Monoco qualifying look a bit more suspect.

I just... if Rosberg did it on purpose, I get that. It's unprincipled, ruthless, etc - but I can at least understand "why".

What I *can't* understand is why he would proceed to boast about this in front of Hamilton. Hell, if he'd done it in front of the Merc bosses alone, that would have been enough of a dilemma for them - whatever they did, and they might have felt the need to remove him from the car at least temporarily - they couldn't possibly let that leak out. But Lewis, he who learned at the feet of Alonso in 2007, was GUARANTEED to go running straight to the media. And in doing so, moves it from a team dilemma to an FIA dilemma.

And THAT puts the likes of Jerez 1997 square in the picture. Schumi was DQed from the entire year for that collision with Villeneuve. Even if they don't go quite that far, at the VERY least they're going to hit him with a two-race ban.

Was it worth that look on Hamilton's face Nico, really?

8. Likes: andyone (25th August 2014),steveaki13 (24th August 2014)
    Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    I think everyone is conveniently ignoring the fact that Lewis has taken a single sentence out of context from what Rosberg said and has run to the press with it. We don't really know what Nico meant and we certainly don't have his whole declaration to compare with. So while it was an extremely unfortunate thing to say, I'm not buying that Rosberg actually wanted to crash into Lewis or whatever.

I get the feeling that some people are just trying to create a storm in a teapot, especially since if there is anyone who should not be regarded as objective in this matter, that is Lewis. I'd really rather we heard a bit more of this instead of passing judgement so early.

10. Likes: donKey jote (24th August 2014),Koz (25th August 2014),Mia 01 (24th August 2014)
    Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    I agree N4D13

We need Mercedes to confirm it. If it is found to be true, then in all fairness you can't want anything but Rosberg punished

Anyway. We all need to wait to see
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

12. Likes: N4D13 (24th August 2014)

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    I don't have a particular favorite in this WDC. It is my understanding that Nico said something to the effect of; he wanted to teach Lewis a lesson by being ultra aggressive in his defense, and that in itself (if it caused the accident) is bad news, and deserves some sort of penalty.

Liked 193 Times in 131 Posts
    A normal race incident in the heat the first few laps normaly create, happens in many races.

16. Likes: Koz (25th August 2014)