Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Liked 152 Times in 123 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    By the way , Michael did admit that he turned in on Jacques , framing it with "Deliberate , but instinctual ."

This has nothing in common with that .
    Yes. This was "deliberate, but premeditated."

Why else would Nico take aim on Hamilton's car? Did he think turning into Hamilton would avoid the collision?

I am willing to be wrong on this if someone can explain to me why Nico had to use nearly full lock toward Hamilton's car unless he was trying to cause a collision.

Merc is responsible for letting this go too far .
    Totally agree. They should have made them take turns until both championships were out of the other team's reach, and then let them go after each other.

Bruce McLaren was smart enough to play the game that way in the Can Am championship. Their advantage was so large that he and Dennis Hulme would take turns to the point everyone called it "The Bruce and Denny show." As long as McLaren was alive, no one could touch them.

Mercedes now has a similar advantage, but they let everything get out of control and I believe the situation is now irretrievable. There is simply no way for Mercedes to make it up to Hamilton. No way. They can't give him points. They also can't do anything to Rosberg since he is 30 points into the lead, or at least they would be crazy to. Hamilton is going to stay pissed and Rosberg knows he can punt Hamilton any time it suits him.

All Mercedes can do now is tell them not to hit each other, because that worked so well yesterday, right?

What do you do if you are Mercedes? If you lay down the law ..... even if you could possibly force them to play to team orders, Hamilton is still going to feel like he has been cheated, and Rosberg knows he can do what he wants and the team's hands are tied. I think all Mercedes can do now is tell them to behave and then wait for the next collision to happen, which will probably be on the first lap of the next race.

I can not see any possible scenario that keeps these two together at Mercedes next year. I can see Hamilton going back to McLaren, and Hulkenburg taking the second Mercedes.
    Last edited by Doc Austin; 25th August 2014 at 19:15.

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
    This is the Lewis who barged his way through the field at Hockenheim a month ago we're talking about... everyone said it was a great drive, even though in more than one occasion, had somebody else not taken evasive action, his race would have been over! It was a misjudgement in this case... I can't see anything else but Rosberg thinking he was going to slot in behind, but Lewis didn't jump ahead the way Nico expected.

As for those saying this will bring the sport into disrepute... I'd bet that many were Lewis fans who before Spa were loving the prospect of these cars touching at some point, as long as the outcome was favourable! It's exciting, unpredictable... and will go down to the wire, maybe even with 3 drivers! Bernie must be loving it!

Disclaimer... I would be happy to see Rosberg, Hamilton or Ricciardo win... big fans of all!
    To join, copy and paste this into your signature.

3. Likes: Mia 01 (25th August 2014)
    Liked 9 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Norwegian Blue View Post
    This is the Lewis who barged his way through the field at Hockenheim a month ago we're talking about... everyone said it was a great drive, even though in more than one occasion, had somebody else not taken evasive action, his race would have been over! It was a misjudgement in this case... I can't see anything else but Rosberg thinking he was going to slot in behind, but Lewis didn't jump ahead the way Nico expected.

As for those saying this will bring the sport into disrepute... I'd bet that many were Lewis fans who before Spa were loving the prospect of these cars touching at some point, as long as the outcome was favourable! It's exciting, unpredictable... and will go down to the wire, maybe even with 3 drivers! Bernie must be loving it!

Disclaimer... I would be happy to see Rosberg, Hamilton or Ricciardo win... big fans of all!

What did people like you do before the internet? Talk too loudly in rotisserie pubs at the weekend I s'pose....
    By the way you were probably grasping for "ON more than one occasion"
    May want to keep an eye your punctuation too, dolts like me got a short attention span, y'know?
    Thanks for the Disclaimer, the Internet wants you know that your opinion is oh so important.

Hey what happened to iaon BTW? Did he succeed in his mission of lowering the general IQ of the Internet and turning a once decent forum into the under-populated confederacy of dunces it is now?
    Just sayin...

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mifune View Post
    What did people like you do before the internet? Talk too loudly in rotisserie pubs at the weekend I s'pose....
    By the way you were probably grasping for "ON more than one occasion"
    May want to keep an eye your punctuation too, dolts like me got a short attention span, y'know?
    Thanks for the Disclaimer, the Internet wants you know that your opinion is oh so important.

Hey what happened to iaon BTW? Did he succeed in his mission of lowering the general IQ of the Internet and turning a once decent forum into the under-populated confederacy of dunces it is now?
    Just sayin...
    Wow

Same back at ya pal. I love you too
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

6. Likes: Norwegian Blue (25th August 2014)
    Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts

Whats going to Happen at Mercedes

ioan is still pushing his broken down Espace through the Alps with no 3G. I'm still trying to work out if I miss him or not?

8. Likes: donKey jote (25th August 2014)
    Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88 View Post
    ioan is still pushing his broken down Espace through the Alps with no 3G. I'm still trying to work out if I miss him or not?
    Of course we do.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Banned
    Liked 152 Times in 123 Posts
    Look at Nico's left hand.

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    Doc , I just watched it again , from Nico's perspective .

I must say it clearer to me now .

But , I don't agree with you .
    Nico did exactly as he said , and if his team mate had allowed room , and not just assumed that Nico would back out , his turn of the wheel would have carried him very squarely around that corner .
    Only a moment before , he had had his front wheel right beside Lewis's sidepod , so there is no way Lewis didn't know he was there .

And this is the most important point I want to make in this , and one I believe that the stewards understood :
    Nico was alongside Lewis mid-corner , and , at that point Nico prepared to travel through the corner , lifting to make it around , which he would have clearly been able to do had Lewis not cut across .
    Lewis assumed Nico had backed out , but as he had clearly not prepared for the fact that Nico , who was alongside him might opt to stay there , he drove through because he had too much speed to leave Nico enough room anyway .

12. Likes: donKey jote (25th August 2014),Mia 01 (25th August 2014)
    Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts

Whats going to Happen at Mercedes

These guys have good reactions, better than us, but even they can't negotiate a corner like that while looking backwards. Hamilton expected Nico to back out because he should have done just that. Nico was the only driver who had control over how that incident played out as he was behind. He should have given Lewis room knowing he was on the racing line, in front, and on the inside of the first part of the corner. Nico messed up, not deliberately, but we all face consequences from our bosses when mistakes are made. I'm sure he's had his knuckles smacked.

14. Likes: donKey jote (25th August 2014)
    Liked 177 Times in 122 Posts
    Look at the apex and where both cars are pointing
    Could it be ham is also turning right a bit? trying to avoid nico? After a bit of a squeeze?
    Last edited by donKey jote; 25th August 2014 at 21:27.
    United in diversity !!!