Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast
    Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts

Whats going to Happen at Mercedes

Right first off In my Opinion it was a clumsy racing incident which Nico was largely responsible for.

However it seems Lauda blames Nico fully, Toto says the whole thing is unacceptable.

Hamilton says he is not bothered much about what happens to Nico, cause he lost points.

and Rosberg suggested in an interview on Sky he was alongside and the fans booing need to read the rulebook. Assuming he thinks Hamilton closed the door unfairly.

They have this meeting scheduled for about now.

What will Mercedes do about this situation? Will they try and enforce orders to secure more 1-2s rather than their recent cock ups as Red Bull are hunting them down.

Or is it a telling off and carry on?

Whats everyone think?
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 47 Times in 35 Posts
    Well NO apology from Rosberg at all ,not even on the podium,when everybody and his dog could see it was with intent.
    Is was absolutely ridiculous ! Talk about "Red Mist" ,Rosberg made a bad start ,|Hamilton gets away fairly ,and Vettel passes him too ,he was so MAD and boiling that he was going to be erratic !!!
    He needs a severe reprimand which I feel he will get as Toto was speechless at first ,but then said it was stupid ,and Lauda had his mind made up ,so a German/Finnish driver ,and two German guys are not backing him !!! He needed booing,and is that thick ,he thinks the boos were unjustified ! So millions of people watching on TV all around the world know noithing about "Fair Racing" Nico your a tosser !!!

3. Likes: andyone (25th August 2014)
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Why bring nationality into it? Are you suggesting that people should be biased towards drivers from their country?
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    I think it should be now even clearer to everyone after today that Rosberg is a cheat! He can't beat Hamilton fair and square on the track so he resorts to cheating! That was as blatant a move to take out your opponent as Jerez 97. Two saws at the wheel one to take him out! Then after he doesn't even have to good grace to take responsibility! What annoys me most is that he clearly should have received a penalty and received nothing! I really hope Hamilton wins this championship! I would hate to see a guy that had to cheat in irder to win he first WDC succeed. It just sends a message to all drivers that cheating is okay!

Liked 47 Times in 35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    Why bring nationality into it? Are you suggesting that people should be biased towards drivers from their country?
    What you talking about ? If your German then Natrually you support teams in the Bundersleuge ,you dont in great numbers support Dundee United do you ?
    Are you telling me that ALL the Germans dont support Vettel and Rosberg ? Of course they do !
    As a matter of interest WHO do you support Daniel ?

I think putting this into the Senna v Prost/ Hill v Schumi & Schumi v Villeneuve bracket is slightly crazy.

I honestly can't see that it was like that. It was silly and clumsy, but Lewis has done the same in the past. (a clumsy mistake I mean)

Plenty here bash Lewis and not Nico and plenty bash Nico and not Lewis.

Nico was at blame most today. It says more about his driving skill than him being a cheat. Just as Hamilton's mistakes over the years make him not at the level some of his fans make him out to be.
    Neither Nico or Lewis are the best out and out drivers and they have both done stupid things this year.

Mercedes have given them the best chance to race each other, but they are ruining the teams run now. Maybe its time Merc take things into there own hands.

8. Likes: Duncan (25th August 2014)
    Banned
    Liked 152 Times in 123 Posts
    I have not seen it yet, but it sounds like a silly accident.

Mercedes will do what they have done all season. They will sweep it under the rug and present a face of team unity and harmony. They will have talks and meetings and Lauda will proclaim everything to be "perfect."

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    Why bring nationality into it?
    It's an international sport.
    Last edited by Doc Austin; 24th August 2014 at 18:49.

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    Strong words from Da Boss:
    Hamilton told reporters that the German, whose car's front wing clipped Hamilton's rear tyre in a failed attempt to overtake, had done it on purpose.
    "We just had a meeting about it and he basically said he did it on purpose. He said he did it on purpose," repeated the Briton. "He said he could have avoided it. He said 'I did it to prove a point'.
    "He basically said 'I did it to prove a point'. And you don't have to ju st rely on me, go and ask (Mercedes team bosses) Toto (Wolff) and Paddy (Lowe) who are not happy with him as well," said Hamilton.
    http://www.financialexpress.com/news...urpose/1282158

Trouble is realistically what can they do? If he admitted to doing it on purpose.

I mean they are not going to ban him for a race. So a b*****king it is. After which he still has a massive lead in the Championship

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steveaki13 View Post
    Trouble is realistically what can they do? If he admitted to doing it on purpose.

I mean they are not going to ban him for a race. So a b*****king it is. After which he still has a massive lead in the Championship
    There's no reason why they can't take post race action. I have my doubts though. It was clearly 100% deliberate and that was obvious from the start yet the stewards took no action. Like Jerez 97 action can be taken after the race. This is exactly the same thing so I honestly feel exclusion from the championship, as in 97, is in order.

I find this to be a very disgusting incident and F1 has to do something about this and make sure drivers can't get away with such behaviour.