Page 6 of 297 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast

Thread: Wrc+

Liked 20 Times in 11 Posts
    OK problem with my VPN, all sorted out now.

Liked 216 Times in 105 Posts
    Well in NZ it was a little late on a Sunday night, but I stayed up and watched wrc+ for the live powerstage. I have to say I thought it was quite good, definitely worth the small cost, rather than having to sign up for a TV channel I wouldn't watch anything else on, or having to worry about something like darts or tennis running over time and delaying the WRC!

I liked the added touch of having Lappi commentating, although he was quiet and didn't say much, when he did he often made some worthwhile additions.

Liked 10 Times in 5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by miniwintz View Post
    If I am not mistaken, VPN is only required for subscription, afterwards you don't need it anymore. Send me a PM if you want access to my german vpn.
    Are you sure about that? I live in Sweden so no access to WRC+, but it would be perfect if I can create an account via VPN and then use it normally on my phone without a VPN.
    www.Rallyfoto.se
    www.facebook.com/rallyfoto.se

Liked 16 Times in 13 Posts
    Very positively surprised by WRC+!

I subscribed during Rally Finland, but I had the time to familiarize myself with it after the rally. The onboard section is pretty much the thing I've been waiting for the last ten years... Okay, it could still be developed more (e.g. the map section could be selected on/off, more selections in quality, and from the "hardware-side" camera angles and volume levels could be more varied). Single driver viewing is okay, and the excellent feature is that 90% of the onboards have intercom audio in them. For me, onboard without pacenotes is pretty much like Finland without jumps. It also seems that the uploading of the onboard videos is super-fast, they are available quite rapidly after the leg, something a bit like what we saw around 2007-2008 in wrc.com with some shorter onboards (often crashes, spins, short segment of the leader on some stage).

It can also be used to bring whole new level of excitement to onboards – just think of this: lets say that you are a hardcore fan and maybe have some other duties during a rally day, so you decide to (or must) be in complete news/results blackout. Then in the evening, you can jump onboard your preferred driver and have a blast through the stages with them without knowing at all what is going to happen! It's like being in the car with them, I'm guessing moments/close calls might rise your own heartbeat too (Though, the problem with this is that names are listed in stage result order (I believe), so you have to ask someone else to select the onboard for you if possible.)

Based on Finland videos, daily highlights are good. They aren't anything special but IMHO provide a good overview of the events and that's what I'm looking for. I would appreciate some more in-depth features inserts, e.g. some technical, event organisation, timing, etc. explanations. Also maybe some more driver interviews could be in place, stage-ends are good but they are often very short.

Waiting to check out the map service during Rally Germany...
    Satakymppi, oikee yks

Liked 1,884 Times in 737 Posts
    How many stages are uploaded and how long?

They managed to fuck it up in Norway so now we have no live coverage or WRC +
    Guess it's cos SVT broadcasted Sweden live and some people got the channel in Norway.
    Could always cheat with proxy server though.
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

Liked 77 Times in 41 Posts
    And another question: can you only follow the WRC drivers or any driver, also of the other classes?

Liked 1,064 Times in 465 Posts
    All stages are uploaded and you van only choose the WRC drivers so no support classes.
    SimRace Vereniging Nederland
    www.srvn.nl

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Are the onboards available at WRC+ in HD/60fps format or it is the crappy versions ? also will previous rallies be available ? for example if i subscribe for GB will i be able to see the ones from the previous rallies ?

Liked 1,884 Times in 737 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EightGear View Post
    All stages are uploaded and you van only choose the WRC drivers so no support classes.
    All stages with all drivers?
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

Liked 1,064 Times in 465 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SubaruNorway View Post
    All stages with all drivers?
    Pretty much yeah. At the time it was launched the onboards from Poland were available so I think everything will still be available from Poland onwards during the season.

The quality isn't better than WRC's onboards from YouTube unfortunately.
    SimRace Vereniging Nederland
    www.srvn.nl