Page 281 of 297 FirstFirst ... 181231271279280281282283291 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,810 of 2967

Thread: Wrc+

Liked 1,369 Times in 712 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Corcaíoch View Post
    Credit where its due they have really improved their coverage this weekend with Ingrassia and Kennard. Makes a huge difference to have expert knowledge, hopefully they'll try to have it on every rally from now on!
    Agreed, and cool to get the co-drivers perspective and stories once and awhile. But for me the driver perspective is the most valuable.

2. Likes: cali (5th August 2023)
    Liked 9,358 Times in 4,972 Posts
    I agree re the expert co-comms. My only issue is hearing them properly over the co-driver audio. I think they should reduce this a bit as you cant follow both.

4. Likes: Corcaíoch (5th August 2023),Eli (5th August 2023)
    Liked 403 Times in 251 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seb_sh View Post
    Yes both him and John Kennard brought the commentary to a whole other level. I have to complain about PK though, without a script in front of him he is totally lost and just fills air time with nonsense... I switch to a different language every time he is together with Becs.
    I’m finding Becs’ contributions increasingly grating on the youtube highlights. It seems her and Julian Porter spend all day in the commentary booth shouting ‘Ooooooooooooo oooooooooo’.

Is that just the impression I’m getting from 3 mins of highlights or is it like that all day on WRC+?

I don’t know what’s worse; those two or David Croft’s F1 commenshoutery

6. Likes: AndyRAC (6th August 2023)
    Liked 3,795 Times in 1,982 Posts
    Commentators should be quiet during those 3-5s after flying finnish. Very often you hear interesting stuff from the crews.

Instead they talk over and only sometimes repeat what was said if it was in a language they understand. Even worse is when they comment on what was said ("interesting comment") and you didn't hear it over their chatter.

8. Likes: AndyRAC (6th August 2023),cali (5th August 2023),Corcaíoch (5th August 2023),Eli (5th August 2023),erikli2 (6th August 2023),flat_right (6th August 2023),seb_sh (5th August 2023)
    Liked 1,481 Times in 844 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HKSjbg View Post
    I’m finding Becs’ contributions increasingly grating on the youtube highlights. It seems her and Julian Porter spend all day in the commentary booth shouting ‘Ooooooooooooo oooooooooo’.

Is that just the impression I’m getting from 3 mins of highlights or is it like that all day on WRC+?

I don’t know what’s worse; those two or David Croft’s F1 commenshoutery
    It's like that all day, every day of each rally on WRC+ since it's inception, her and anyone is a bad combination but particularly her and PK and also her and Jules (aka Julian Porter), when they have no idea of what's gone on and for the most part just talk as if they're at the coffee shop 'cause their knowledge is next to nothing, and if someone tries to say something informative she immediately shuts them up.
    I thought it was just me finding her annoying, even the ceremonial start questions are getting repetitive, I wish she and Kiri (at the very least) would get the boot but the chances of that happening are pretty much equal to another manufacturer joining the WRC in 2024.
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

10. Likes: AndyRAC (6th August 2023),EstWRC (5th August 2023)
    Liked 2,129 Times in 924 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Commentators should be quiet during those 3-5s after flying finnish. Very often you hear interesting stuff from the crews.

Instead they talk over and only sometimes repeat what was said if it was in a language they understand. Even worse is when they comment on what was said ("interesting comment") and you didn't hear it over their chatter.
    It's a rare thing, that I agree with you (tho You argue very politely), but these exact moments just after finish are usually very interesting and real emotions.
    +1 that it's too bad they are overtalking most of the times..

12. Likes: cali (5th August 2023),Eli (5th August 2023)
    Liked 9,358 Times in 4,972 Posts
    The worst thing they ever did was having two commenators as they then insist on having a continual conversation and never shut up. This now happens in all sports and its ruined the viewing most of them.

I spend most of the time with the volume right down and just raise it for the driver interviews at stage end.

14. Likes: Sulland (6th August 2023)
    Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    The advice of the late, great Richie Benaud (cricket commentator in Australia/ England) was to "let the pictures tell the story" - you don't need to talk every second.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

16. Likes: cali (6th August 2023),Fast Eddie WRC (6th August 2023)
    Liked 1,835 Times in 710 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    The worst thing they ever did was having two commenators as they then insist on having a continual conversation and never shut up. This now happens in all sports and its ruined the viewing most of them.

I spend most of the time with the volume right down and just raise it for the driver interviews at stage end.
    There is a good way and a bad way to do it. The bad way we know already (eg. Becs + PK). The good way is the 2nd commentator is a technical commentators who takes time to think and give insight. Unfortunately the WRC+ gang seems to be there too long. Frankly the product they offer to people who dare to pay for a niche product is embarrasing. Take a look at F1TV, they got their fair share of criticism but the current crew is quite good I think.

18. Likes: cali (6th August 2023),Corcaíoch (6th August 2023),Eli (6th August 2023),Fast Eddie WRC (6th August 2023)
    Liked 62 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC View Post
    The advice of the late, great Richie Benaud (cricket commentator in Australia/ England) was to "let the pictures tell the story" - you don't need to talk every second.
    I did some live commentary on a British event back in March, what I did there was talk the cars into view, then let the cars do the talking and only talk again as they went out of view.
    The viewer doesn’t need to be told what they can see, and that’s the issue with having very good radio commentators (who paint a beautiful picture with words) doing TV commentary , where you need to compliment the image with insight.
    It’s a difficult job and the 2 1/2 hr stint I did was challenging, so over three days I dread to imagine, but currently it’s very muddled.

20. Likes: AndyRAC (6th August 2023),Corcaíoch (6th August 2023),Eli (6th August 2023),Fast Eddie WRC (7th August 2023),HKSjbg (6th August 2023),PLuto (6th August 2023),seb_sh (6th August 2023)