Page 266 of 297 FirstFirst ... 166216256264265266267268276 ... LastLast
Results 2,651 to 2,660 of 2966

Thread: Wrc+

Liked 53 Times in 24 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    Isn't this what they do right now? In Finland we had YLE doing the "TV stages and highlights" package, CMore with All Live and I've heard some Estonian TV Company has provided a package with "some All live stages but not all"
    The point is that they need to make the WRC popular to the average Joe on TV. In Italy, for example, they're getting 100k viewers on subscription-based Sky Sports, but they have to get at least 1 million viewers to have the sponsors interested in putting some good money on the sport. So go on free-to-air RAI Sport, which got 500k viewers when the WRC was shown live. Selling highlights to be shown at 11pm won't make the sport popular and the whole won't get any benefit on the long term.

What I wanna say is that, being a big company, I won't be interested in putting 30 million euros to be a title sponsor in a WRC team if I know that my brand will be seen by "few" people on a satellite channel. And this is the case for many key countries.

2. Likes: AndyRAC (4th December 2022),cali (4th December 2022),the sniper (4th December 2022)
    Liked 1,250 Times in 679 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by typhoon View Post
    The point is that they need to make the WRC popular to the average Joe on TV. In Italy, for example, they're getting 100k viewers on subscription-based Sky Sports, but they have to get at least 1 million viewers to have the sponsors interested in putting some good money on the sport. So go on free-to-air RAI Sport, which got 500k viewers when the WRC was shown live. Selling highlights to be shown at 11pm won't make the sport popular and the whole won't get any benefit on the long term.

What I wanna say is that, being a big company, I won't be interested in putting 30 million euros to be a title sponsor in a WRC team if I know that my brand will be seen by "few" people on a satellite channel. And this is the case for many key countries.
    Yes that's what is needed.....However, their business model is Pay Per View. And nothing will change.......So no new big money sponsors or new manufacturers....They go elsewhere.....

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 591 Times in 314 Posts
    point is: they don't have enough money to do a high level general public tv show. that's it.

5. Likes: WRC1 (5th December 2022)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by typhoon View Post

How should WRC promoter do this in practice? Lower the prices so TV companies would start showing more rally? What if TV companies still don't want to show rally, even if it was free?

7. Likes: pantealex (6th December 2022),WRCStan (5th December 2022)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC View Post
    Yes that's what is needed.....However, their business model is Pay Per View.
    Really? Where can I pay to watch a single rally broadcast? All I've seen is monthly subscriptions, either directly to WRC+ or some TV company

Liked 598 Times in 319 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    What if TV companies still don't want to show rally, even if it was free?
    Free-to-air broadcasters might only take whatever if they can sell whatever to advertisers, the players that are missing in the first instance.

Liked 1,460 Times in 834 Posts
    I have yet to cancel the WRC+ subscription yet 5 minutes ago I received this e-mail: "We're sorry to say goodbye

As you requested, we've cancelled your RallyTV Subscription. This change will be effective on 2023-Jan-1 14:00:10 UTC.

Thanks for being part of the world’s toughest motorsport!

If you change your mind and you would like to continue enjoying all WRC, ERC and World RX content, you can always re-activate your RallyTV subscription by clicking on the button below, choose your new plan and log-in or sign up."

I did intend to cancel the subscription I just find it odd that it's been done without my request, has anyone else experienced this?
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

Liked 1,835 Times in 710 Posts
    It's due to their transition to "Rally TV". You probably have some email about migrating your account in your spam folder or maybe they just screwed up. I was asked to migrate even though "Rally TV" is still some time away. I suspect there is an incompetent mouth-breathing middle manager involved. In 2022 this is pathetic, i am embarrassed for them even if i had nothing to do with it.

12. Likes: Eli (22nd December 2022)
    Liked 656 Times in 315 Posts
    I suspect they can't legally automatically transfer you from one product to another without an opt-in.

There are laws you know. Not everything is down to stupidity....

Liked 1,835 Times in 710 Posts
    Are there laws and they needed to jump through hoops? 100%

Are there incompetent middle managers involved in WRC+? 1000%