Page 210 of 295 FirstFirst ... 110160200208209210211212220260 ... LastLast
Results 2,091 to 2,100 of 2950

Thread: Wrc+

Liked 179 Times in 70 Posts
    Brilliant, after they seemed to have fixed the stream, I decided to activate the monthly sub so I could watch through the weekend, the website happily took my card info, but got stuck in infinite loading afterwards, so now the payment is reflected on my bank account, but WRC is still telling me I have no active subscription.

I sent an email and I hope they can sort it out quickly from their side, otherwise I would be rather pissed.

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    now we have some weird audio track going on

Liked 157 Times in 58 Posts
    Aaaaand it's gone.

Liked 9,258 Times in 4,912 Posts
    The BT Sport/ESPN HD channel is showing full live coverage of today's stages. Probably as its one of the few sports events still taking place.

5. Likes: the sniper (14th March 2020)
    Liked 1,090 Times in 488 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wrc+
    During this uncertain time of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, we value your continued support and as such, will be providing sufficient compensation, once action returns to normal. Stay with us for more details!
    From the WRC+ "newsletter". Wonder how they'll compensate
    Never stop dreaming because one day it might happen.

https://www.wrc.com/en/news/season-2...iption-update/

DEAR RALLY FANS,
    Three years ago, the WRC Promoter had an ambitious plan – to give you live coverage of every stage of every rally, something that had never been attempted before. WRC+ All Live was born out of our passion for rally and became reality thanks to your devoted support. Without it, this project would have never happened.

That is not to say, that like all good relationships, this project has been plain sailing and not without problems along the way, particularly at the beginning of this season as we transit to an all-new platform. We have been devoted to fixing these issues and are confident they are now resolved.

Furthermore, we want to play our part to HELP FIGHT CORONAVIRUS, by providing you with plenty of reasons to remain at home! In the coming weeks, we will be:

Digging deep into our archives to provide you with exclusive highlights from some of the BEST MOMENTS IN THE HISTORY OF WRC.

Creating a number of SPECIAL FEATURES exclusively for you, the WRC+ subscribers.

We intend to keep you informed and up-to-date throughout this difficult time, as we look forward to being back to bringing you live WRC action as soon as possible.

Best regards,
    Your WRC Team

8. Likes: the sniper (20th March 2020)
    Liked 1,523 Times in 655 Posts
    It would be interesting to know what the WRC archive actually consists of? This may be rubbish, but I seem to recall from somewhere that at least some archive footage was disposed of during the North One era, to cut down on storage costs. IIRC this is why so many of the daily and event highlights shows from around 2001 onward got uploaded to the official WRC You Tube channel, to get them out there. (Well worth looking up if you aren't aware of them, in these times of isolation: https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...ighlights+2001 for example)

They could have purchased the WRC stuff in the Duke Video archive in 2018, but that seemingly all went to Motorsport Network. Part of me wonders whether they've only got the 'Best Moments' and various other 1 hour compilation shows, most of which I believe were made in the North One era, plus all the stuff from the 'WRC Promoter'/Red Bull era.

It wouldn't surprise me if FOM still hold the footage from 1996 to 2000 in their archive in Biggin Hill.

10. Likes: AndyRAC (23rd March 2020)
    Liked 1,090 Times in 488 Posts
    As the non racing period gets longer and longer, I'm starting to wonder how the WRC+ service will compensate the long term subscribers as their main product All Live is not live at all.
    Never stop dreaming because one day it might happen.

12. Likes: cali (6th June 2020),the sniper (6th June 2020)
    Liked 1,523 Times in 655 Posts
    Can anybody recall if it's been said, or knows, how much it costs them to produce the All Live coverage for each rally? I have a feeling that Julian Porter said a number live on air once.

I'm particularly interested to know how much a it'd cost to cover a shorter two day event, by comparison. I can't imagine that can be answered though.

There are fixed expenses (shipping the equipment including the helicopter and transmitter aeroplane onto the location) and time-related expenses (the hours the transmitter aeroplane is airborne and the days the personnel must stay at the hotel). I don't think reducing one day makes much difference.

15. Likes: pantealex (5th July 2020),the sniper (3rd July 2020)