Page 163 of 297 FirstFirst ... 63113153161162163164165173213263 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,630 of 2967

Thread: Wrc+

Liked 353 Times in 209 Posts
    Desborough does the intro for the highlights and small parts, also does the "Free" Live stages which are 2-3 per weekend in commentary. Remeber the original WRCAllLive stuff?

Coley does the 24 min highlights this weekend and has been doing Live Coverage.

Very 2000's feeling watching the WRC coverage this weekend with his voice. It's excellent and his knowledge too and the way he expresses everything is just refreshing!
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"

Liked 1,505 Times in 894 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky View Post
    Broadcast HD standard in PAL is 50i.
    I know, I just described what you get in WRC+ when you click to "HD" label in settings. 1280*720 x 25fps x 2000kbps

Liked 9,353 Times in 4,968 Posts
    WRC Promoter director of content and production Florian Ruth said: “We are using LiveU in conjunction with our RF and satellite workflow, allowing us to significantly expand our coverage without having to worry about access to certain parts of events or rely on motorcycles to deliver the additional captured footage to us.

“In order to continue to fully engage existing viewers and to attract new audiences, we constantly need to innovate. Using LiveU is allowing us to think differently and to bring a fresh level of dynamism to our content as we can use locations at each event that simply weren’t possible previously."

This is the bit I was reading and hoping for more stage-side cameras.
    #M-SPORTER

Liked 44 Times in 29 Posts
    I'm not even sure from the text you quoted whether it's about live images or quikcker recovery of recorded images.

Liked 1,884 Times in 737 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    WRC Promoter director of content and production Florian Ruth said: “We are using LiveU in conjunction with our RF and satellite workflow, allowing us to significantly expand our coverage without having to worry about access to certain parts of events or rely on motorcycles to deliver the additional captured footage to us.

“In order to continue to fully engage existing viewers and to attract new audiences, we constantly need to innovate. Using LiveU is allowing us to think differently and to bring a fresh level of dynamism to our content as we can use locations at each event that simply weren’t possible previously."

This is the bit I was reading and hoping for more stage-side cameras.
    They have, they are uploading the footage and broadcasted a few min later
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

Liked 3,793 Times in 1,980 Posts
    I haven't tried this before but here on Corsica both today and yesterday I wanted to watch different "mediazone" segments and the last few mins are always missing. (typically interview with 2-3 drivers) and what is there is cut-off mid sentence.

Liked 1,835 Times in 710 Posts
    Some thoughts on wrc+ coverage:

I think comparing to let's say a year ago there are clear improvements but they have been gradual so sometimes it's easy to miss them. Watching Corsica I was thinking that now the coverage is pretty good, I'm glad I signed up for the full year.

The things I like
    - directing showing more relevant drivers where possible - I noticed several times cutting between Tanak and Evans when battling, or showing drivers as they go through the splits so commentators can make relevant comments (it's something that I wished for as showing cars go one by one on the same section gets boring)
    - director and commentators better working together in general
    - showing splits on screen
    - Julian Porter - sometimes he rambles but he often makes good observations: strange behavior of cars, oversteer/understeer that drivers often confirm at end of stage, watches splits and deduces stuff (like Ogier faster on the dirty sections etc). Overall quite happy with him and the commentary/reporter team in general with a few exceptions (more on that later).
    - fewer and fewer technical issues
    - in Sweden they used picture in picture for stage end interviews, i quite liked that, is it gone?

Things I don't like
    - Desborough - I get that he's trying to casual/color commentary but he talks too much, repeats the same things over and over (I have PTSD from hearing about Meeke's hometown)
    - That damn RPM thing at the top of the screen - it's distracting and dumb, who thought of putting rally car RPM on a spinny disk thing at the top of the screen?!

Things to improve
    - image quality
    - "natural sounds" audio option - For F1 I use this when I get sick of Brundle
    - less generic driver questions

I probably forgot something but overall I'm happy to pay for it especially now that it's quite a good era of WRC.

8. Likes: b3637853 (1st April 2019),Sulland (28th April 2019)
    Liked 353 Times in 209 Posts
    I've spoken to Becs and some production crew.

They are against "natural" sound option (at the moment).

The RPM graphic might change but I don't find it distracting...

Can everyone admit that Andrew Coley has to do WRC coverage? He's been awesome on the daily highlights, not as excited at Paul King - where for example, if PK were commentating the part of Loeb's small off, PK would have told us before that he was about to go off, and then when he does go off be all excited and throw all his commentary notes in the air! Whilst Coley is calm and projects his comments with ease. I believe in RX he's more high pitched and excited as it's (RX) 1000% Live Action non-stop! :rollseyes: So it's nice to hear Andrew Coley on WRC!! Reminds me of Mark who use to commentate in the early 2000's.
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"

10. Likes: er88 (31st March 2019)
    Liked 9,353 Times in 4,968 Posts
    "They are against "natural" sound option (at the moment)."

WHY ???

12. Likes: AndyRAC (2nd April 2019)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    I also liked Coley's commentary. He said on twitter "I was covering for someone this weekend, hope to do some more in future."

14. Likes: er88 (1st April 2019)