Page 150 of 295 FirstFirst ... 50100140148149150151152160200250 ... LastLast
Results 1,491 to 1,500 of 2950

Thread: Wrc+

Liked 233 Times in 115 Posts
    I am sure what denkimi is suggesting is doable on a technical level, the question is if the promoter considers it worth doing.

Liked 44 Times in 29 Posts
    Of course you can set up an own 4G network to every rally site, or stream 5 different angles from denkimi's kitchen, even though if you want to do HD thousand euros may not be enough, but neither of them surely won't be worth doing.

Liked 65 Times in 28 Posts
    The tour de france cycles 200+ kilometres a day through forests, mountains, villages and sometimes atrocious weather. Yet they manage to bring each and every stage, start to finish, in the very best quality on your tv-screens. In fact you can turn on Eurosport and you'll see minor cycling races from every corner of the globe live. There is no excuse why the wrc cannot do that either.

4. Likes: NickRally (6th February 2019)
    Liked 490 Times in 250 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SubaruNorway View Post
    On most stages in the WRC you can't even get on FB, i know on Röjden and Svullrya in some places you can barely send a text.
    Spain also had really bad connection. So how would you sort that out?

I do think there's a reason they use 150.000€ kits in each car for camera's and satellite signal through the repeater plane and not a smartphone
    I mean that comment goes for pretty much the entirety of Wales, let alone the rally stage sections...
    aka Rodger Davies

Liked 649 Times in 311 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lousada View Post
    The tour de france cycles 200+ kilometres a day through forests, mountains, villages and sometimes atrocious weather. Yet they manage to bring each and every stage, start to finish, in the very best quality on your tv-screens. In fact you can turn on Eurosport and you'll see minor cycling races from every corner of the globe live. There is no excuse why the wrc cannot do that either.
    Now you're just being ridiculous.

How many bikes have cameras on them? How fast do the bikes travel? Do they travel on uneven terrain?

I've watched a lot of cycling, and there are RF drop outs from the motorbike cameras all the time.

And guess what, it's the same company that supplies a lot of the equipment and technology for the Tour de France and the WRC: AMP Visual TV.

Are you suggesting they do a bad job in WRC because they want to, or perhaps one is just inherently more difficult than the other?

If you think it's so easy, why doesn't ASO, the company that promotes the tour de France also do it for the Dakar?
    Last edited by rallyfiend; 6th February 2019 at 20:28.

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    This is just from the top of my head, but I would guess Tour de France has a lot of more viewers and therefore a lot more budget for televising.

Liked 1,878 Times in 734 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Googol View Post
    Of course you can set up an own 4G network to every rally site, or stream 5 different angles from denkimi's kitchen, even though if you want to do HD thousand euros may not be enough, but neither of them surely won't be worth doing.
    That is one way but wouldn't work without many big transmitter towers i guess, they did it on a "minutt by minutt" broadcast in Norway this summer broadcasting all day for four 5 day trips from this backpack and guys on the mountains around with transmitters, dropped out a lot in the forests.
    https://nrkbeta.no/2018/07/21/bak-ku...tt-for-minutt/
    Last edited by SubaruNorway; 6th February 2019 at 21:11.
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

9. Likes: Hartusvuori (7th February 2019)
    Liked 44 Times in 29 Posts
    WRC does that nowadays. The quality is bad to mediocre in WRC+, but it's not that Eurosport Player is/was excellent either. It's not the lack of amount of production why no/few TV channel shows all of it. It's just easier to sell regular time TdF stages into a middle of the replay season or an hour or two of smaller race, instead of 15 hours of program for 2,5 days with irregular gaps between show times, meaning that it pretty much occupies a channel for full 2,5 days.

Liked 102 Times in 45 Posts
    Like rallyfiend said they use same type of tech.

https://cyclingtips.com/2016/06/eyes...-to-the-world/

They could get better signal and action in WRC if they put MotoGP-rider+cameraman riding infront of ever car.

On a serious note, it's all about the budget. I'm sure the production could be better if there was £1 billion TV contracts like in F1.

12. Likes: AnttiL (7th February 2019),pantealex (7th February 2019)
    Liked 1,090 Times in 488 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post
    Are you being payed by alllive to spread that bullshit?
    If I'd only be on their payroll..
    Never stop dreaming because one day it might happen.