Page 149 of 297 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151159199249 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,490 of 2966

Thread: Wrc+

Liked 172 Times in 99 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky View Post
    You should market to your target audience, not to secondary audience. After all, it's only the fans who tune in to the broadcasts as loyal viewers.
    When this started, casual TV viewers were the the target audience: they took their TV highlights package that went to TV channels, and they put it on a paid website to sell it to some extra people. Plus they added the onboards, and finally the 3 live stages (the only thing that was new for WRC+). So it was mostly "shovelware". They took stuff they had already made for random TV viewers, added a bit for enthusiasts, and tried it out to see whether it sold.

Now that they have the "all live" version, it's more of an enthusiast product. But they're still producing a lot of it as if it were for mass market TV. They still have John Desborough, for crying out loud.

Also, filming rally is very expensive. They will pad the actual rallying with anything else they can get away with (interviews, standing starts, commentators jabbering) to keep the cost down by showing as little rally as possible.

Liked 9,347 Times in 4,964 Posts
    All Live is effectively an rally enthusiasts service but still being produced by TV people who dont know (or care?) what we really want to see and hear.

Most of us dont want a 'show', we just want the most relevant raw pictures, pure sound and live split times.

Liked 2,195 Times in 1,078 Posts
    6 € / month (that´s 1,5€ / rally day and if there is 2 rallies in same month it´s 0,75€ / rally day)

and some of you are still moaning

LOL

I´m happy.
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

4. Likes: AnttiL (6th February 2019),cali (6th February 2019),stefanvv (6th February 2019)
    Liked 144 Times in 87 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pantealex View Post
    6 € / month (that´s 1,5€ / rally day and if there is 2 rallies in same month it´s 0,75€ / rally day)

and some of you are still moaning

LOL

I´m happy.
    Me happy to, price is good for what you get. Ok broadcasting troubles should be solved, thats not ok.
    I like the show, also not complaining about comentary.

6. Likes: AnttiL (6th February 2019),cali (6th February 2019),pantealex (6th February 2019),stefanvv (6th February 2019)
    Liked 9,347 Times in 4,964 Posts
    More ways to watch BT Sport:
    http://sport.bt.com/news/watch-bt-sp...11364334308554

Also says they will be giving viewers more options to personalise their viewing and audio.

Liked 1,123 Times in 601 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky View Post
    No offense, but your post with the last sentence is one of the most stupid things posted here recently.

1. One transmission feed
    2. Another transmission feed which would be nearly identical to the first transmission feed. Technically it would be the base feed. That's already two different transmission outputs and you'll need two different mixers for it.
    3. Not a feed, but a video gallery as you proposed.
    4&5. There are three different cameras on board. Unless the feed is only single camera, then it would require one mixer per feed. Also the onboard signal is not constant. Imagine the moaning here.
    6. Yet another mixer.
    All of it would cost a nice number and increase the logistical head ache significantly.
    Are you being payed by alllive to spread that bullshit?
    I could stream 5 different camera angles from my kitchen live with my home pc and less then a thousand euro for christ sake.

They have all the input feet, all they need to do is send it back out. They don't need anything but a pc and a decent internet connection. There's no need to mix or edit anything, giving viewers the option too choose between different raw feeds is all we want.

There are thousands of sites that can do it, kanaal+ did it 20 years ago with f1 on regular television.

Quote Originally Posted by SubaruNorway View Post
    Like it's been explained many times now, it would not possible to chose from onboards because they only have signal over 10km meaning it's probably only two cars within that area.
    It was pretty stable all last year apart from MC, just because they had one hickup with the new software now it's still really good, and we only missed two stages.
    I could put smartphones in every car and stream every stage live on facebook.

The technology is there, they just don't want to.

Liked 44 Times in 29 Posts
    Yeah, right. Make an offer for them then.

10. Likes: AnttiL (6th February 2019),cali (6th February 2019),pantealex (7th February 2019)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post
    I could stream 5 different camera angles from my kitchen live with my home pc and less then a thousand euro for christ sake.
    Does your kitchen move at 180 km/h in the mountains and forests?

12. Likes: cali (6th February 2019),Entertainer (7th February 2019),Hartusvuori (7th February 2019),pantealex (7th February 2019),stefanvv (6th February 2019)
    Liked 1,883 Times in 736 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post
    I could put smartphones in every car and stream every stage live on facebook.

The technology is there, they just don't want to.
    On most stages in the WRC you can't even get on FB, i know on Röjden and Svullrya in some places you can barely send a text.
    Spain also had really bad connection. So how would you sort that out?

I do think there's a reason they use 150.000€ kits in each car for camera's and satellite signal through the repeater plane and not a smartphone
    Last edited by SubaruNorway; 6th February 2019 at 17:37.
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

14. Likes: AnttiL (6th February 2019),cali (6th February 2019),Entertainer (6th February 2019),lnvs (6th February 2019),pantealex (7th February 2019),tommeke_B (6th February 2019)
    Liked 102 Times in 45 Posts
    They could move every rally to denkimi's kitchen.