Page 114 of 297 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124164214 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 2966

Thread: Wrc+

Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sonnybobiche View Post
    On a positive note about the coverage, Abi Stephens is a gem of a lead presenter.
    Hard to agree; still missing the initial blond and still thinking Molly would be great for the job. Btw, nice effort to get non Brits stage commenters (Ostberg and Guerra this time); hope it’ll be continued. Chopper and fixed cameras kept providing state of the art footage; it’s just a pitty having so little WRC2 time, like most have already mentioned. Overall, first year valuation seems quite positive.
    Rally addict since 1982

2. Likes: b3637853 (29th October 2018),pantealex (29th October 2018),sonnybobiche (9th November 2018)
    Liked 1,474 Times in 573 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sonnybobiche View Post
    On a positive note about the coverage, Abi Stephens is a gem of a lead presenter. Molly is great alongside her. Julian too.

But I hate her voice so much...

Other than that, I like it a lot. Yes there are a few improvements possible, but still happy to be subscribed

4. Likes: pantealex (29th October 2018),sonnybobiche (9th November 2018),tommeke_B (28th October 2018)
    Liked 668 Times in 285 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AL14 View Post
    Yeah coverage is good. Maybe it could be better when they try to go technical. Sometimes they overreact to facts or understimate others. But overall it's nice. Me too I like the ladies and Julian Porter especially.
    Porter is worst for me - His "Know-it-all" comments pisses me off when most of the time he is talking absolute shit.
    Also Colin Clark is horrible at stage end interviews he just seems to push negative things onto drivers "You're 2 secs slower than X driver what's the problem?" "That stage time is not good, what's wrong?" What does he think the drivers will answer to that - Just ask "how was the stage".

Like with when Ott had his puncture I think it was Molly who asked him "How do you feel now after losing 2minutes?" does she actually wait for the driver to answer something analytic? Of course they will either answer something sarcastic like "I'm very happy" or just drive away.

how to make AllLive better: Show more WRC2 and even Jwrc/WRC3 (even highlights if not live) Now all we have is 1min highlight per day which "covers" the top-3, skip the fking GPS map and show highlights instead from the previous stage/day/rally/year, stop with the negative stage end interviews and if the driver faces problems it's even better to just let them sit there quietly if they don't feel like speaking than just asking "you must be dissapointed?", Times on the screen should be stage times not overall results - commentators can then speak how the stage time of driver x might change the standings in overall classification. Have more guest commentators - both Mads and Benito did a great job with that.
    Last edited by Essaj; 28th October 2018 at 19:37.

6. Likes: cali (29th October 2018),dnb (2nd November 2018),MentalParadox (29th October 2018),Micke_VOC (29th October 2018)
    Liked 3,791 Times in 1,979 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Essaj View Post

Like with when Ott had his puncture I think it was Molly who asked him "How do you feel now after losing 2minutes?" does she actually wait for the driver to answer something analytic? Of course they will either answer something sarcastic like "I'm very happy" or just drive away.
    Obviously that extra question (he already said a bit) was completely unnecessary.

Basically for whole 2018 it seems to me like there is some bad chemistry between Molly and Tanak. He sounds even more annoyed than usual when talking to her and she often asks him "trigger/stupid" questions that she doesn't ask other drivers

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post

Basically for whole 2018 it seems to me like there is some bad chemistry between Molly and Tanak. He sounds even more annoyed than usual when talking to her and she often asks him "trigger/stupid" questions that she doesn't ask other drivers
    True. Remember Wales with "where did you get the puncture?" "In the stage!"

It also seems Ott has been more frustrated-sarcastic in his stage end interviews this year. Usually he looks at the interviewer in a way which says "why do you keep asking these stupid things".

Also Colin Clark is horrible at stage end interviews he just seems to push negative things onto drivers "You're 2 secs slower than X driver what's the problem?" "That stage time is not good, what's wrong?" What does he think the drivers will answer to that - Just ask "how was the stage".
    I think the point here is that the drivers don't know the times yet when they arrive at the interview point. Clark also often praises drivers when they have made a great time. He's quite emotional and enthusiastic. It's his persona and role.
    Last edited by AnttiL; 28th October 2018 at 20:10.

Liked 3,791 Times in 1,979 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    True. Remember Wales with "where did you get the puncture?" "In the stage!"
    Not sure it was wales, but I do remember at least 2 moments like this and also that it was Molly and Tanak. Something there isn't working.

10. Likes: MentalParadox (29th October 2018)
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    I think the point here is that the drivers don't know the times yet when they arrive at the interview point. Clark also often praises drivers when they have made a great time. He's quite emotional and enthusiastic. It's his persona and role.
    Still wont change the fact that it's negative. He always seems to assume that time loss, even a small one is a bad thing. Some drivers might have been happy with their run, given their all on the stage and still the first thing they hear after crossing the finish line is "OOOH You seem to lose a lot of time to driver X here, what happened?" even thought the gap might have been just few seconds.

And as you mentioned drivers don't even know how they compare to others at that point, still they hear that kind of negativity even they might have only lost a sec or a two.

Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    Still wont change the fact that it's negative. He always seems to assume that time loss, even a small one is a bad thing. Some drivers might have been happy with their run, given their all on the stage and still the first thing they hear after crossing the finish line is "OOOH You seem to lose a lot of time to driver X here, what happened?" even thought the gap might have been just few seconds.

And as you mentioned drivers don't even know how they compare to others at that point, still they hear that kind of negativity even they might have only lost a sec or a two.
    Well, only asking "how was the stage" everytime sounds quite boring and you will expect normal answer. He is a journalist and tries to make the driver say something interesting with that. I don't blame him for that behaviour.
    As for Molly and Tanak I agree though, asking "how disappointed are you" in the stage where he lost his championship is not the smartest question possible.

13. Likes: AnttiL (29th October 2018),dupanton (29th October 2018),sonnybobiche (20th November 2018)
    Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Still wont change the fact that it's negative. He always seems to assume that time loss, even a small one is a bad thing.Some drivers might have been happy with their run, given their all on the stage and still the first thing they hear after crossing the finish line is "OOOH You seem to lose a lot of time to driver X here, what happened?" even thought the gap might have been just few seconds.
    Why is negative/bad thing. Every driver responds what has happened in the stage, more or less, how he feels the car, etc, things that might be interesting for the spectators. Even they're happy with their driving, something still might not be quite right with the car.
    Last edited by stefanvv; 28th October 2018 at 21:52.
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

15. Likes: sonnybobiche (20th November 2018)
    Quote Originally Posted by AL14 View Post
    Well, only asking "how was the stage" everytime sounds quite boring and you will expect normal answer. He is a journalist and tries to make the driver say something interesting with that. I don't blame him for that behaviour.
    As for Molly and Tanak I agree though, asking "how disappointed are you" in the stage where he lost his championship is not the smartest question possible.
    It does but there could be some variables with their questions. It's either "WOW AMAZING TIME" or "YOU LOST TIME IS EVERYTHING OKAY?!?" dno if that's really that much more interesting. For me it's annoying.
    I don't know how to do it but those stage end questions could be a big improvement to whole WRC All Live concept.

Quote Originally Posted by stefanvv View Post
    Why is negative/bad thing. Every driver responds what has happened in the stage, more or less, how he feels the car, etc, things that might be interesting for the spectators. Even they're happy with their driving, something still might be quite right with the car.
    Because how I see it, it's almost always the same thing when Colin is at the stage end. He lives and breaths WRC but making those negative and akward questions which always end up to drivers blunt answer and many times it's for nothing.
    Last edited by Essaj; 28th October 2018 at 21:50.