Page 11 of 295 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Wrc+

Liked 1,878 Times in 734 Posts
    A guy in Filmworks told me they can't put them between or on the seat ear flap because of safety reasons given by the FIA...

When did you last hear of someone getting injured by a gopro inside a car...?
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

Liked 1,090 Times in 488 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SubaruNorway View Post
    A guy in Filmworks told me they can't put them between or on the seat ear flap because of safety reasons given by the FIA...

About the seat ear flap position. Even if GoPro is too large, then there are several cylinder type camera. Heck, Panasonic even came out with a 4K action camera (HX-A500), where the lens/sensor and the processing unit are connected by a cable. Nothing really would be in the way.
    Never stop dreaming because one day it might happen.

Liked 1,064 Times in 465 Posts

That's quite idiotic. But why are the positions in ERC so good while it's a FIA championship too? And there are lots of onboards from competitors lower down the starting list in WRC events who put onboards on YouTube which are very good as well..
    SimRace Vereniging Nederland
    www.srvn.nl

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts

well... there are many positions apart from the seat where a camera can give proper onboard footage... and when you can produce a car that can go through a forest road at 120 mph i am sure the guys at the FIA or Red Bull can create a mount for a camera that can be both safe and fit anywhere...

But when you have autistic imbeciles and overweight midgets running the sport you cannot expect much.. can you ?
    Last edited by N.O.T; 29th October 2014 at 01:00.

5. Likes: stefanvv (29th October 2014)
    Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts

Who said it must be between the seats (though I don't find it dangerous at all). At least a left windscreen position would give much better view than the worst ever right windscreen position.
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Does someone know why the roof top cameras have also disappeared over the years?

Liked 638 Times in 330 Posts
    Anything else other than centrally placed camera behind the crew is almost useless and does not give a good perceptive, especially those roof-top cameras.

9. Likes: EightGear (29th October 2014)
    Quote Originally Posted by makinen_fan View Post
    Anything else other than centrally placed camera behind the crew is almost useless and does not give a good perceptive, especially those roof-top cameras.
    For me the roof-top wins over the windscreen one.

11. Likes: dodge33cymru (29th October 2014)
    친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    The roof-top camera at 4:32 of the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ccr9Mze-Fw is quite nice...

13. Likes: makinen_fan (29th October 2014)
    About WRC+. Have to say that my first thoughts about the thing were proved wrong a bit, but when looking back it's more to do with the comfort - no need to search for streams, onboards and reviews quickly available, etc. But as quite a few have said, the whole thing still feels incomplete or shouldn't be a subscription feature.

I think majority of the onboards should be on the free site (with a better video directory than the thing they have at the moment). I personally hate the free site video section because of bad directory and the non stop WRC+ 30 second (think it was 30) ad running before every bloody video. Also the inability to share links to direct videos is idiotic.

Live tracking is cool but the feature is too simplistic at the moment. You need to have open several tabs to get all the info you could wish for. Why aren't the splits integrated to the tracking section? Another cool thing would be a small live stream window on the tracking page, could be the ultimate rally page. Also the list of tracked crews should increase.

Also they should have not sold the internet showing rights to countries, if they wanted to come out with the live stream feature.

At the moment WRC+ is all about comfort, nothing really premium is there.

But to be completely honest, they should had fixed the main site before jumping into subscription site. I don't understand how they haven't got the main site structured and working normally over all the years.