Page 295 of 295 FirstFirst ... 195245285293294295
Results 2,941 to 2,950 of 2950

Thread: Wrc+

Liked 378 Times in 184 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WRCStan View Post
    You mean Rally HQ aren't monitoring spectators and safety and so on
    Outside the 0,00,000/safety cars, and general footage transmitted. No.

2. Likes: WRCStan (17th February 2024)
    Liked 1,472 Times in 572 Posts
    They are watching live onboards from all cars as well

Liked 37 Times in 18 Posts
    Rally TV is finally available on Android TV. Maybe other platforms as well.

Liked 24 Times in 13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrvold View Post
    Outside the 0,00,000/safety cars, and general footage transmitted. No.
    I'm pretty sure, that they are watching live onboards and calling safeties with orders for spectators.

But....

If they are going to cancel the stage, well, in reality this is possible only during 0's cars passage.

Liked 585 Times in 308 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToKu View Post
    I'm pretty sure, that they are watching live onboards and calling safeties with orders for spectators.
    This was published 20th Feb, immediately after the chat here. Safety delegate explains just that here, meanwhile the screens on the walls show plenty of live feeds.

https://youtu.be/RMgedJlrJ-w?t=463

The whole video is worth a watch.
    "It's not sport!" - Gilles Panizzi

7. Likes: seb_sh (14th March 2024)
    Liked 1,829 Times in 707 Posts
    So I got some info from someone who knows a bit more, to lay to rest the onboards discussion, the streaming part would not be an issue, would just cost some extra money but the plane can't indeed cover the whole stage. The screen we saw with the onboards is something put together from a few cars that are on the stage and in range of the plane, the content would constantly change depending on who's there.

So yeah i suppose it's not gonna happen unless they make RallyTV PRO version which costs 240e and they get a second plane up there

Liked 585 Times in 308 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seb_sh View Post
    the plane can't indeed cover the whole stage.
    I'm not calling anybody a liar and will take your word for it, but I find this difficult to believe. I'd believe it can't cover every car in the rally over multiple stages, but a Rally1 class of ~10 cars which are never on two stages at the same time should not be a problem.

Another thing is there being a need for humans to watch all screens for content purposes, they shouldn't be streaming road sections or cockpit chit chat etc by accident.
    "It's not sport!" - Gilles Panizzi

Quote Originally Posted by WRCStan View Post
    I'm not calling anybody a liar and will take your word for it, but I find this difficult to believe. I'd believe it can't cover every car in the rally over multiple stages, but a Rally1 class of ~10 cars which are never on two stages at the same time should not be a problem.

Another thing is there being a need for humans to watch all screens for content purposes, they shouldn't be streaming road sections or cockpit chit chat etc by accident.
    The technological limit is the range/distance that it can receive data from the on-board cameras. I thought it circles the whole stage but it seems it's a smaller area. So it's not so much about the number of feeds, cars or streams it's the distance to the signal that's the issue.

Also it now makes more sense how they show the cars, first couple of cars from the start of the stage and then as they get to the end new cars are picked up from the middle somewhere. So because of that you can't see any specific car through the stage uninterupted unless the plane moves along with that car.

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
    if it's the distance and signal transfer issue ,why can't use multiple drones to replace the helicopter, just for group 1 cars onboard live??

Quote Originally Posted by 1988senna View Post
    if it's the distance and signal transfer issue ,why can't use multiple drones to replace the helicopter, just for group 1 cars onboard live??
    How would that help? The helicopter is not the receiver, the receiver is the aeroplane circling above.