Page 294 of 297 FirstFirst ... 194244284292293294295296 ... LastLast
Results 2,931 to 2,940 of 2967

Thread: Wrc+

Liked 1,835 Times in 710 Posts
    That's pretty good and it's free. Thanks for the heads up! Maybe it's an idea to gather such broadcasts in an own thread. I suppose other countries have it too.

Liked 353 Times in 209 Posts
    I could be beating a dead horse... but why can't WE the viewer, have a selection of options to the side of the screen on an unedited/packaged LIVE feed and choose which car that is live on stage and angle we want to view? Have a few screens/angles of difference cars all at once... with timings and then the ONE live feed out which is commentary and directed?
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"

3. Likes: Eli (17th February 2024),MentalParadox (19th February 2024),seb_sh (17th February 2024),Sulland (17th February 2024)
    Liked 1,474 Times in 573 Posts
    The commentators are pretty useless, it was so obvious that Evans had no power (maxed out at +-160kph) but still they had no idea at all what was going on.

5. Likes: Eli (17th February 2024)
    Liked 615 Times in 326 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GigiGalliNo1 View Post
    I could be beating a dead horse... but why can't WE the viewer, have a selection of options to the side of the screen on an unedited/packaged LIVE feed and choose which car that is live on stage and angle we want to view? Have a few screens/angles of difference cars all at once... with timings and then the ONE live feed out which is commentary and directed?
    I've thought about this before and in place of an informed response I will guess it's down to bandwidth and distribution limitations of all these feeds from the source.
    "It's not sport!" - Gilles Panizzi

7. Likes: wyler (17th February 2024)
    Liked 3,794 Times in 1,687 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GigiGalliNo1 View Post
    This topic was discussed here many times. Transmition of data from cars is made through plane which is flying over the area. It is impossible to have transmission of all datas from all cameras in same time, it cannot work...

9. Likes: cali (23rd April 2024),Mirek (17th February 2024)
    Liked 615 Times in 326 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PLuto View Post
    This topic was discussed here many times. Transmition of data from cars is made through plane which is flying over the area. It is impossible to have transmission of all datas from all cameras in same time, it cannot work...
    Really? They're hardly a high bit rate and depth. You mean Rally HQ aren't monitoring spectators and safety and so on, and the TV gallery can't see moments to replay without relying on telemetry?

I don't see this as impossible from a professional setup when I see the amount of devices on a family house consumer wifi.
    "It's not sport!" - Gilles Panizzi

I don't think that's the limitation because they show replays from on boards which were not shown live, so it means they have the video data already in the tv control center, where they can scrub through it and mix it in the main feed. If this is the case then it's nothing special and they could do what every other series does, yes those are on circuits but no it doesn't matter, if you have all the videos feeds it's exactly the same, circuits don't have data centers built into them either!

They could even stream it on free services such as twitch or youtube, but then they can't paywall it. So it's most likely a costs thing, since they then have to develop the website/app with these features themselves (a hard task for the team that developed the app with no sound control!) and pay for some service (like AWS) or own servers in a data center in order to broadcast at scale on the internet.

Liked 3,794 Times in 1,687 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seb_sh View Post
    I don't think that's the limitation because they show replays from on boards which were not shown live, so it means they have the video data already in the tv control center, where they can scrub through it and mix it in the main feed. If this is the case then it's nothing special and they could do what every other series does, yes those are on circuits but no it doesn't matter, if you have all the videos feeds it's exactly the same, circuits don't have data centers built into them either!

They could even stream it on free services such as twitch or youtube, but then they can't paywall it. So it's most likely a costs thing, since they then have to develop the website/app with these features themselves (a hard task for the team that developed the app with no sound control!) and pay for some service (like AWS) or own servers in a data center in order to broadcast at scale on the internet.
    Believe me, they are not able to show all videos from all cars and all cameras in same time...

Believe me, they are not able to show all videos from all cars and all cameras in same time...
    I believe you but I also believe they could show a few.

Liked 53 Times in 24 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wyler View Post
    agreed, but you seem to miss always the same point! all the things you consider so easy to do, they cost money. and most of the things you talk about (like 3rd party restream) cost really a lot. maybe the volume control not so much, it depends on the architecture of the website/service that probably is outsourced. i agree it has to be upgraded, definitely, i'm just saying it takes money, and i'm not that sure the customer of rallytv are enough in numbers to cover it.
    That's basically the issue. The WRC Promoter's TV distribution architecture is based only on RallyTV-revenues and few highly-produced "World Feed" stages sold to Pay-TV. It's not sustainable in the long term and in the willing of developing your product. Instant solution: renegotiate the actual TV contract in order to allow another broadcaster to show fewer-but-free stages on FTA networks, so that you could have new revenues.

An Italian example that could easily work:
    PAY TV Sky Sports pays around 350.000 euros per season to have the "World Feed package" (meaning 5-6 stages per event)
    Add a new contract with public-service broadcaster RAI Sport to broadcast the first SSS and the final Wolf Power Stage for like 150.000 euros per season.

Multiply this new "media mix" with all the key markets (mainly in Europe) and you got 1 or 2 more millions to invest in increasing the product you're selling as WRC Promoter.

New revenues > new investments > new audience > new global sponsors > even more revenues.

It's not rocket science.