Page 265 of 297 FirstFirst ... 165215255263264265266267275 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,650 of 2967

Thread: Wrc+

Liked 591 Times in 314 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarek Z View Post
    Maybe

I prefer something like this, where I can actually see something without a danger of epilepsy
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6dSKU_LskI
    honestly, skipped at 6...

Liked 578 Times in 196 Posts
    I don't see the point of combining rallycross with WRC and ERC. I won't watch it, why should I be paying for it?

I only want 2/3 of what they're offering. Therefore, I'll probably go for the 7x monthly pass option instead of the annual subscription I've had since it was launched.

It's worse the other way round though. If you only want to watch rallycross, why should you have to pay for a service mostly showing something you aren't bothered about?

This feels like a mistake.

3. Likes: AndyRAC (1st December 2022),Augury (3rd December 2022),Portimao (1st December 2022)
    Liked 140 Times in 49 Posts
    I am not convinced, unfortunately. Following wrc since late 90th, seen all the struggles and success with getting content more visible in media etc; but today, when I watch WRC+, there is some feeling of "broken LP player"; idea is good, but it has become boring - all the interviews are the same, contextual packaging repeats again, again and again - like new Groundhog Phil day over and over again. And this is not about people, but production and variety of the content. For comparison F1 TV feels "more live" and that you get more for the same money. Of course, i will have the new Rally TV, but I would really hope they will hire some new blood that can figure out how to pack it all in more attractive way.

5. Likes: AndyRAC (1st December 2022),b3637853 (1st December 2022),Corcaíoch (1st December 2022),Eli (1st December 2022),lancia037 (2nd December 2022),PLuto (1st December 2022),the sniper (1st December 2022),TWRC (3rd December 2022)
    Liked 9,356 Times in 4,971 Posts
    I couldn't agree more Anders. It has become pretty stale even for us hardcore fans and I hope they take the 'RallyTV' launch as an opportunity for a big overhaul.

7. Likes: Eli (1st December 2022)
    Liked 1,093 Times in 491 Posts
    Most likely it's just repackaging the same stuff, nothing else.
    Never stop dreaming because one day it might happen.

9. Likes: AnttiL (1st December 2022),Eli (1st December 2022)
    Liked 53 Times in 24 Posts
    I just don't understand why they're "repacking", like Franky correctly said, a product which is expensive for a "niche" sport, instead of lowering their requests for TV rights. They ask a lot of money for a bunch of stages on pay-TV, satellite broadcasters.

It's ok to work and develop a digital platform for online contents, I'm fine with it. But they should work on get as much as FTA channels to showcase the WRC to a wider audience, they need to be more aggressive in this market.

My idea would be more straightforward on this point:
    - 2 stages pack (one on Saturday afternoon and the Power Stage on Sunday, basically like what they did with Red Bull TV in the past) on free-to-air big channels, involving them with very cheap TV rights to be more attractive.
    - 7 stages pack (1 Thursday, 2 Fri, 2 Sat, 2 Sun) for the pay-tv which has now the world feed stages.
    - All Live for selected broadcasters (Cosmote, BT Sport, Canal+, etc.)

They would get a much wider exposure and have benefits on both the WRC Promoter (this would mean more global partners jumping in) and the teams (more title sponsors getting a better value-for-money exposure).

Liked 615 Times in 326 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by typhoon View Post
    I just don't understand why they're "repacking", like Franky correctly said, a product which is expensive for a "niche" sport, instead of lowering their requests for TV rights. They ask a lot of money for a bunch of stages on pay-TV, satellite broadcasters.

It's ok to work and develop a digital platform for online contents, I'm fine with it. But they should work on get as much as FTA channels to showcase the WRC to a wider audience, they need to be more aggressive in this market.

- 2 stages pack (one on Saturday afternoon and the Power Stage on Sunday, basically like what they did with Red Bull TV in the past) on free-to-air big channels, involving them with very cheap TV rights to be more attractive.
    - 7 stages pack (1 Thursday, 2 Fri, 2 Sat, 2 Sun) for the pay-tv which has now the world feed stages.

They would get a much wider exposure and have benefits on both the WRC Promoter (this would mean more global partners jumping in) and the teams (more title sponsors getting a better value-for-money exposure).
    I can see you're a forum member since 2006, so can assume you are an adult.

Monday morning, you tell your boss/customers you will work for free from now on if that's how the world works.
    Last edited by WRCStan; 3rd December 2022 at 13:26. Reason: was too rude

12. Likes: pantealex (4th December 2022)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by typhoon View Post

Isn't this what they do right now? In Finland we had YLE doing the "TV stages and highlights" package, CMore with All Live and I've heard some Estonian TV Company has provided a package with "some All live stages but not all"

14. Likes: pantealex (4th December 2022)
    Liked 9,356 Times in 4,971 Posts
    Speaking for the UK, there is no FTA sports show for general sport like we had in the past (eg. Grandstand, World of Sport). Any live sport has to be a standalone programme which is on for 2-3 hours or more (ie. some football games, rugby, tennis, boxing bills).

A single daily stage of a WRC rally wouldnt be long enough and wouldnt tell any story for the average viewer. And TBH any serious sports fan has long switched to pay-TV like Sky & BT anyway.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    hope get on board Ingrassia, an excellent commentator.