Page 244 of 297 FirstFirst ... 144194234242243244245246254294 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,440 of 2967

Thread: Wrc+

Liked 1,389 Times in 447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RS View Post
    Perhaps an unpopular opinion but i didn’t like them. At least not the way it was done. Looked like some weird sequence from a computer game.
    I share your opinion. To me that kind of fast moving drone footage is just restless and pointless, taking the attention away from the actual driving. In Umeå stage I was in a section where they had that drone and I was spectating more the drone than the cars. This could be though due to the fact the drone is new. I hope the drone won't hit any spectator while flying wild.

2. Likes: RS (2nd March 2022)
    Liked 81 Times in 28 Posts
    Actually, I think it was during Saturday evening stage(s) there was a shot from drone crashing into something (a farm house?) and falling down to the ground.

You could see a bit later when Breen was driving in EV mode to the closest escape road that there was a WRCTV guy doing something (fixing the drone?) in the boot of his car (also totally unawere there's a rally car coming behind him - since it had no sound in EV)

4. Likes: cali (5th March 2022)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartusvuori View Post
    I share your opinion. To me that kind of fast moving drone footage is just restless and pointless, taking the attention away from the actual driving. In Umeå stage I was in a section where they had that drone and I was spectating more the drone than the cars. This could be though due to the fact the drone is new. I hope the drone won't hit any spectator while flying wild.
    I understand this point as well. WRC+ needs to balance between showing what is happening and being entertaining. For example many people would like to see helmet cam, but in my opinion it's something that looks wild even on slower driving but gives little information of what is actually happening. Maybe this drone is towards entertainment, but still a nice "closer helicopter view" when done properly. Also it looks a bit like video game chase cam, which could look attracting to video game people?

Liked 578 Times in 196 Posts
    I'm glad they're trying something different. The same seat-obscured onboards / badly placed 'FX' cams / not-very-interesting stage-side locations had been wearing thin. The drone stuff has the potential to be really cool, especially when we get to more technical rallies, seeing the cars from a 'chase cam' position in twisty or bumpy sections will surely be more interesting than what we've got now.

In Sweden, we had both the sublime and the ridiculous. There was one tracking shot, next to the house towards the end of the powerstage (a fast right-hander over a small crest/jump) that was quite beautiful, it would be great to see more like that, a great example of what these cars can do.

Then we had the slightly tense moment where Tanak was approaching Breen's awkwardly-parked car on SS14, aaaaand... they switched to a view of the crew's faces right when they needed to be looking out of the windscreen. Totally nonsensical.

7. Likes: AndyRAC (2nd March 2022),cali (5th March 2022),GigiGalliNo1 (18th March 2022)
    Liked 81 Times in 28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ouvreur View Post
    ... aaaaand... they switched to a view of the crew's faces right when they needed to be looking out of the windscreen. Totally nonsensical.
    Heh, I've been talking about this already like 15 years ago (and actually did some timing in highlights, where this view was almost as used as the regular onboard view).
    It's fine for 3 seconds, maybe on the start line or after crossing the finish line. But I don't understand why it is so overused, especially in important situations like you mention. Well, I've heard from a guy working for NEP that it's the producer's (dont know who he is?) decision...

9. Likes: AndyRAC (2nd March 2022),GigiGalliNo1 (18th March 2022)
    Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    As I said yesterday regarding the Paul King commentary - they're still seemingly stuck in the North One era; the same camera shots, poor choice of stage side cameras, etc Considering how good Red Bull are at producing action sports, I do wonder how much influence they have in the WRC coverage.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 108 Times in 52 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC View Post
    I'm sure people have been saying this for the last 10-15 years - yet he still keeps his job. A 'relic' from the North One era, and he's not the only one.....
    Who else is there from North One era?

Liked 9,358 Times in 4,972 Posts
    Did a TV channel in anyone's country (FTA or pay) show the ERC+ All-Live stream ?
    #M-SPORTER

13. Likes: the sniper (14th March 2022)
    Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    Posting here because more people watch the WRC All-Live than ERC, and maybe the guys from the promoter monitor this thread.. is it a common problem on the All-Live platform that the sound becomes unsynchronised from the pictures? It's really disorientating, makes it almost unwatchable for me!

Liked 105 Times in 44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RS View Post
    Posting here because more people watch the WRC All-Live than ERC, and maybe the guys from the promoter monitor this thread.. is it a common problem on the All-Live platform that the sound becomes unsynchronised from the pictures? It's really disorientating, makes it almost unwatchable for me!
    It happens to me almost every time I use it with a chromecast. I have to restart it during every stage at least once.
    If just watching from the app or on browser it works fine usually.