Page 151 of 295 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161201251 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 2950

Thread: Wrc+

Liked 9,312 Times in 4,938 Posts
    The main thing I and some others want is a pure sound audio option. Is that technically difficult and costly ?

2. Likes: b3637853 (7th February 2019)
    Liked 102 Times in 45 Posts
    Now that they already have option for commentary languages it can't be hard to add one more audio option.

4. Likes: cali (7th February 2019)
    Liked 1,115 Times in 596 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    Does your kitchen move at 180 km/h in the mountains and forests?
    Quote Originally Posted by SubaruNorway View Post
    On most stages in the WRC you can't even get on FB, i know on Röjden and Svullrya in some places you can barely send a text.
    Spain also had really bad connection. So how would you sort that out?

I do think there's a reason they use 150.000€ kits in each car for camera's and satellite signal through the repeater plane and not a smartphone
    Why are you all trying to invent all those stupid reason for their failure?

The cameras are there, the transmittors are there, the helis/planes are there. Everything they need is already being used.
    If they can switch cameras in the studio they get different feeds into that studio. So they can also send those feeds back out so people can watch them instead of stupid interviews.

Of course you will not be able to follow everyone all the time, but the helicam, the stationary camera's and at least 2 to 3 onboard cameras should be available at all time. There is no technical or financial reason why i should watch the start instead of an onboard.

Eurosport could do it 10 years ago, and that was before the time of smartphones, 4g or even drones.

6. Likes: er88 (7th February 2019),NickRally (7th February 2019)
    Liked 650 Times in 312 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post
    Why are you all trying to invent all those stupid reason for their failure?

The cameras are there, the transmittors are there, the helis/planes are there. Everything they need is already being used.
    If they can switch cameras in the studio they get different feeds into that studio. So they can also send those feeds back out so people can watch them instead of stupid interviews.

Of course you will not be able to follow everyone all the time, but the helicam, the stationary camera's and at least 2 to 3 onboard cameras should be available at all time. There is no technical or financial reason why i should watch the start instead of an onboard.

Eurosport could do it 10 years ago, and that was before the time of smartphones, 4g or even drones.
    I tell you what. Why don't you choose a rally local to you, put all this in place, and send us all a link to watch it?

Hell, pick even just one stage.

Liked 233 Times in 115 Posts
    At any one time there are already several feeds to the studio (wherever that is) and the question is why can’t they make this available to the subscribers.
    Of course we know what the answer is, the promoter can’t cope with the current demand on their service and to enrich the service will inevitably cost money, which obviously they consider unnecessary. My impression is they try to get away with the minimum possible expenditure and only add value to the service when, for whatever reason, they think they have no other choice or must be seen to be doing something.

Liked 44 Times in 29 Posts
    Why do you keep on talking about mobile phones or 4g when they don't help at all? Also, if working cameras keep on changing, would the viewer need also constantly switch between them?

Liked 1,115 Times in 596 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rallyfiend View Post
    I tell you what. Why don't you choose a rally local to you, put all this in place, and send us all a link to watch it?

Hell, pick even just one stage.
    If you pay me 10 thousand euro i'll be happy to do that for you.

Liked 1,244 Times in 676 Posts

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Richards says he wanted to start live streaming in 2000. What was the level of streaming technology back then? I think I didn't even have a broadband internet connection at the time, it only started becoming a household necessity in the next few years.

Liked 3,476 Times in 1,016 Posts
    Useless article, just someone saying "I knew it". Even if they had that technology to produce it, back in 2000 the world wasn't ready for it.