Page 127 of 297 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129137177227 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 2966

Thread: Wrc+

Liked 1,530 Times in 658 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Googol View Post
    Is bt tv really tv though? I don't really know but what I understood from Wikipedia is that it is provided via internet.
    Available via Satellite (Sky) and Cable too in HD. On Virgin Media cable a good number of customers get BT Sport included in their package.

Liked 44 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the sniper View Post
    Available via Satellite (Sky) and Cable too in HD. On Virgin Media cable a good number of customers get BT Sport included in their package.
    Yeah I saw. Do those include those Extra channels though?

I think terrestrial analogue tv had pretty much no delay. Digital seems to have a bit more, and cable seems to have more than terrestrial. Those are still obviously much shorter than internet streams. I have no experience on the tv services provided through internet. They may have a bit shorter than browser streams, but still probably a lot more than terrestrial or cable. And even in streams it varies a lot based on technology of the provider and quality (rubbish pirate streams sometimes seem to have shorter delay than official streams).

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EightGear View Post
    Thanks.

I was hoping that would not be the only option, as I like to follow this forum while watching.

Oh well - I'm not even susprised..
    I have asked for that for many years now. They replied that it was planned in the next update. But that newer happened.
    If i cast from Chrome on computer and choose Cast - show videos in full screen on external monitor and press full screen button in the player.
    Then the video will stop playing on the computer but continue on Chromecast. Don`t think it uses so much system resources that way.

It was possible to use Chromecast 2 years ago when using chrome on Android, but that possibility is removed. That was true Chromecast support
    Last edited by Daniel_hoy; 20th January 2019 at 22:51.

Liked 782 Times in 309 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_hoy View Post
    It was possible to use Chrome cast 2 years ago when using chrome on Android, but that possibility is removed.
    WRC app doesn't even work on my android phone since they updated it in Nov, says the phone is rooted (which it isn't) and won't open at all.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GravelBen View Post
    WRC app doesn't even work on my android phone since they updated it in Nov, says the phone is rooted (which it isn't) and won't open at all.
    Have not used the app for a long time. Tried it now and got the same message. But i have a rooted device, so I could just hide it from the app. Working again now

6. Likes: sonnybobiche (23rd January 2019)
    Liked 102 Times in 45 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Essaj View Post
    No, the delay is only there when watching AllLive via app or browser. TV broadcast (Atleast in Finland) has less delay and service parks, teams etc have the as live as possible stream available for them.
    If it were there for safety reasons we wouldn't have seen Hayden's Monte accident or Kalle's Argentina crash.
    Kalle's accident was the reason they started to add extra delay for broadcast. Before that All Live was as live as it could be. Obviously streams are always behind TV due to technical reasons.

Liked 782 Times in 309 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GravelBen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_hoy View Post
    Have not used the app for a long time. Tried it now and got the same message. But i have a rooted device, so I could just hide it from the app. Working again now
    So when your device is actually rooted you can still use the app, but if it for some reason thinks your device is rooted when it isn't, then you can't.

9. Likes: Daniel_hoy (21st January 2019),sonnybobiche (23rd January 2019),tommeke_B (20th January 2019)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Why ? Live TV is usually better then internet. For example a football game on TV is always more up to date than watching via an internet stream.
    My assumption is just that the WRC+ stream is the default and sending it to television is a secondary outlet that will add to the latency, whereas on those football games television is the primary outlet. But I might be wrong. However, I also think there's a bit of director buffering latency for cutting off in emergency situations.

Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    I´ve had opposite experience, live TV is aheas of all live.

Liked 656 Times in 315 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmop View Post
    I´ve had opposite experience, live TV is aheas of all live.
    The LIve TV stages are likely delivered via satellite to broadcasters, the All LIve likely via the internet to somewhere that then generates the encoded livestream.

This would create a delay.