Page 262 of 297 FirstFirst ... 162212252260261262263264272 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,620 of 2967

Thread: Wrc+

Liked 3,795 Times in 1,982 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    Wait what fantasy is this? All liaisons?
    On the very first Monte Allive was introduced (Monte 2018) the stream was always on during the first two days.

To the point we could see Ogier browsing on his phone while driving on the road section between stages. If you don't remember and don't believe me go in the Monte thead as there are screens and people screaming how Ogier should be punished for this.
    EDiT: Page 128/129 in Monte 2018 thread.

At that time I thought it was great cause you could really feel like you follow everything that is happening all the time, but I understand that the drivers might also want some privacy.
    The static live camera in service was ok compensation, but it is ages since we have seen that.
    Last edited by mknight; 11th November 2022 at 17:16.

Liked 9,358 Times in 4,972 Posts
    Maybe the issue of less coverage from stage ends, liaisons, service park etc is cost-cutting due to the reduced number of subscribers. Fans may either be bored with it, dislike parts of it, moved to other sports or just watching for 'free' as part of a tv package.

The novelty of being all live has worn off for sure and the parts that annoyed now really, really annoy (commentator issues, no pure sound option, picture dropping, poor info/ graphics etc).

WRC+ needs a big refresh to get us all enthused by it again.

3. Likes: AndyRAC (12th November 2022),b3637853 (14th November 2022),Corcaíoch (12th November 2022),Eli (11th November 2022),lancia037 (14th November 2022),Rally Hokkaido (12th November 2022),satnav (11th November 2022)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    On the very first Monte Allive was introduced (Monte 2018) the stream was always on during the first two days.

To the point we could see Ogier browsing on his phone while driving on the road section between stages. If you don't remember and don't believe me go in the Monte thead as there are screens and people screaming how Ogier should be punished for this.
    EDiT: Page 128/129 in Monte 2018 thread.

At that time I thought it was great cause you could really feel like you follow everything that is happening all the time, but I understand that the drivers might also want some privacy.
    The static live camera in service was ok compensation, but it is ages since we have seen that.
    Yes I remember that particular scene of Ogier, but it was just a very small bit after a stage finish. Very far from "all liaisons".

Liked 98 Times in 56 Posts
    I follow the european autocross championship... They dont have promoter. Some of the races I watch by FINDING THE WIFE OR A FRIEND of some driver that is livestreaming it from the stands on facebook or that weird russian site "VK"!

Not ideal, right? So MAYBE wrc+ is not thaaaat bad

6. Likes: Rally Hokkaido (12th November 2022),Sergiow (11th November 2022)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Maybe the issue of less coverage from stage ends, liaisons, service park etc is cost-cutting due to the reduced number of subscribers. Fans may either be bored with it, dislike parts of it, moved to other sports or just watching for 'free' as part of a tv package.
    But even though it's "free" to the user, the TV company is paying to the WRC Promoter, and this must be their biggest revenue.

Liked 3,795 Times in 1,982 Posts
    Yes I remember that particular scene of Ogier, but it was just a very small bit after a stage finish. Very far from "all liaisons".
    Nope, it was long after all WRC cars finished the stage and nothing else was happening ( no cars followed) and commentary stopped. I know that cause I went away from the comp.and just left it on only to see the screens later.

This was 2nd proper day of Monte (not counting the evening stages). Already next day they stopped showing any pictures from road sections.
    During the first day there weren't many vids from road sections cause allive didn't work at all most of the time.

No glitches at all on this stage right now

Liked 660 Times in 319 Posts
    No glitches at all on this stage right now
    Agreed, especially given the heavy tree coverage in many parts of the stage. Quite consistent.

Liked 3,794 Times in 1,687 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rallyfiend View Post
    Agreed, especially given the heavy tree coverage in many parts of the stage. Quite consistent.
    Maybe, after experience from yesterday (and whole season), almost nobody watch it

Liked 156 Times in 62 Posts
    I recently discovered they've been double charging me for months and years. I had a yearly subscription that I'd forgotten about, and it still let me create a new monthly subscription with the same email and payment info and happily took my money for months. 800 euro down the drain. My own error I suppose, but why are they allowing subscriptions to stack...?

13. Likes: Portimao (13th November 2022),WRCStan (13th November 2022)