Page 256 of 297 FirstFirst ... 156206246254255256257258266 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,560 of 2967

Thread: Wrc+

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    She's there twenty years and all we hear is, 'they finished the stage for us' and reading times that we can know on the screen. Another thing that grinds my gears, is that they try to sugar coat everything, someone has been making mistakes for 4 rallies in a row: "he's been a bit unlucky" or my favourite: "title race not over yet?" when Thierry has literally yet to won a rally this year.
    I don't think there's a problem with the people in the first place, but the style of commentary they use. And then we can ask whether that's their personal decision or something that has been ordered from above. Remember how Colin Clark said he wanted to go to Dirtfish to be more free to voice his opinions. Maybe this very polite, void of jargon style of commentary is asked by the WRC Promoter? Me as a rally geek would prefer a more analytic style, more rally professionalism, and that's what I get when there is a driver co-commentating.

2. Likes: meh (7th September 2022)
    Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    I don't think there's a problem with the people in the first place, but the style of commentary they use. And then we can ask whether that's their personal decision or something that has been ordered from above. Remember how Colin Clark said he wanted to go to Dirtfish to be more free to voice his opinions. Maybe this very polite, void of jargon style of commentary is asked by the WRC Promoter? Me as a rally geek would prefer a more analytic style, more rally professionalism, and that's what I get when there is a driver co-commentating.
    As far as I know Colin was basically kicked out of WRC+.

Sent from my DN2103 using Tapatalk

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    As somebody already said, a lot of the people involved have been there since the ISC/North One era - so approx 20 years. And it shows....it's stale, tired and needs a massive refresh. One wonders just how much input Red Bull have; watch any of their output (MTB World Cup, Hard Enduro, etc) and it's far better than what we're seeing in the WRC. I do think there are far too many previous era (North One) people involved in the coverage.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

5. Likes: cali (20th July 2022),Corcaíoch (20th July 2022),EstWRC (20th July 2022)
    Liked 234 Times in 102 Posts
    If anyone else is bothered with this:

I sent an email to wrc + support about Rally winner: Kalle Rovanperä (f.ex) being displayed on top of stage selection in all live.

This has ruined many rallies for me now. I often don't have time to watch live, but watch a stage or 5 when I can and perhaps finish watching a rally a week later. I want to see all the stages still and am able to keep spoilers away, except this one. Knowing the winner already takes the excitement away and I then don't bother watching..

Would appreciate if anyone else could send a mail about this too! Maybe they can remove this if enough ask for it

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

7. Likes: Corcaíoch (24th July 2022)
    Liked 480 Times in 207 Posts
    I doubt they read the emails. Or to be honest, I believe they read them and they ignore them. They just do not care.

Liked 234 Times in 102 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bomber21 View Post
    I doubt they read the emails. Or to be honest, I believe they read them and they ignore them. They just do not care.
    We'll see! They've listened to things in the past. Definitely not going to sit back continuing to be annoyed by this without at least trying to ask about this first

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Liked 9,356 Times in 4,971 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC View Post
    As somebody already said, a lot of the people involved have been there since the ISC/North One era - so approx 20 years. And it shows....it's stale, tired and needs a massive refresh. One wonders just how much input Red Bull have; watch any of their output (MTB World Cup, Hard Enduro, etc) and it's far better than what we're seeing in the WRC. I do think there are far too many previous era (North One) people involved in the coverage.
    The only problem is if they did a big refresh they would probably make it even worse and alienate the existing (older) fans with some annoying young trendy types.

In what way is the Red Bull coverage of other sports better ?

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    The Flying Finns documentary made by YLE in Finland is now available on WRC+ with English subtitles. It was shown on YLE during the week of Rally Finland and I think it's a really nice modern documentary about Finnish rallying. Not going through every bit of history in chronological order, but taking interesting topics and drivers and focusing on them in depth. And with lots of nice archive footage.

12. Likes: cali (18th August 2022),erikli2 (18th August 2022),flat_right (18th August 2022),Jewy46 (18th August 2022),jiipee64 (18th August 2022),Morte66 (18th August 2022),rage82 (18th August 2022)
    Liked 353 Times in 209 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cali View Post
    As far as I know Colin was basically kicked out of WRC+.

Sent from my DN2103 using Tapatalk
    He was not. There were issues at the time with budgets for all staff, from camera men to commentators, to producers and the like.

He received a better offer else where and moved on.
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"

Liked 9,356 Times in 4,971 Posts
    Re Becs Williams... it is a bit weird that this Male-dominated sport (competitor-wise) has had a female main commentator all this time (and one who has zero experience of driving or co-driving). Other sports dont even do this now, even in this 2022 woke, PC, maximum equality era.

Moving her on would be the biggest and simplest re-fresh WRC+ could do.

15. Likes: Eli (18th March 2023)