Page 259 of 297 FirstFirst ... 159209249257258259260261269 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,590 of 2967

Thread: Wrc+

Liked 5,566 Times in 2,299 Posts
    That camera and the start stage one. What a disgrace.

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    They haven’t learned, if anything I’d say they’ve gotten worse over time
    You just don't remember what it was like in 2018. No land cameras, a lot more interference and cut signals.

But I agree that face camera is stupid. It's just a gimmick and should not be shown for more than 5 seconds at a time.

3. Likes: cali (10th November 2022)
    Liked 1,835 Times in 710 Posts
    There were definitely a lot mor technical issues at the begining. Also they did good by showing the interviews in the small picture. However it's weird they show the driver faces so much.

Liked 1,481 Times in 844 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    You just don't remember what it was like in 2018. No land cameras, a lot more interference and cut signals.

But I agree that face camera is stupid. It's just a gimmick and should not be shown for more than 5 seconds at a time.
    I remember quite okay, and we did have some land camera's but I meant overall the quality of WRC+ hasn't improved and looks to be worse now imho. In 2018 you could say it was a learning year for them but comparing 2019 to what we have now, I wouldn't say it's improved drastically since, if anything it's gone downhill and we now have a missing stage end reporter, since one of them left/was fired after 2020.

They also still haven't bothered with changing their own line-up and with all due respect to them, they seem pretty oblivious to anything happening outside their little bubble. Even when they were being praised for having Østberg in their commentary line-up they managed to muck it up (or maybe they realized he makes them look so bad so they let him go). So yeah, I'd say worse overall, and the amount of technical issues is still a thing in almost every rally no matter the weather, yes, they might've solved some of their issues but I bet if you'd be promoting Formula 1 like that, they'd get a bucket load of backlash. Trust me when I say this, if I had a another option to follow the sport properly I'd use it but unfortunately here I don't have that 'luxury'.
    Last edited by Eli; 10th November 2022 at 12:16.
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

I remember quite okay, and we did have some land camera's
    Land cameras on non-TV-stages appeared in 2019 after they changed the technology with the land cameras transmitting the signal wirelessly. Before it all went to disk which had to be brought manually to the service park for including in highlights.

we now have a missing stage end reporter
    I don't understand this. It's not like we're missing stage end interviews because Colin left. The lineup has never been fixed. Sometimes you had Ben Constaduras or Julian Porter doing stage end interviews. It's changed from rally to rally. And now they have Seb Marshall as a part of the crew, which to me is fantastic.

Rallying is a difficult sport to televise, because it happens on a long route in the forest/mountains and you can't compare it to F1 or other circuit sports happening on a small area where you can have everything plugged in.

The new graphics are also a lot better, WRC2 is separated etc. lots of small things have improved but you just forget how it was some years ago.

7. Likes: flat_right (10th November 2022),Jewy46 (10th November 2022)
    Liked 1,481 Times in 844 Posts
    Land cameras on non-TV-stages appeared in 2019 after they changed the technology with the land cameras transmitting the signal wirelessly. Before it all went to disk which had to be brought manually to the service park for including in highlights.

I don't understand this. It's not like we're missing stage end interviews because Colin left. The lineup has never been fixed. Sometimes you had Ben Constaduras or Julian Porter doing stage end interviews. It's changed from rally to rally. And now they have Seb Marshall as a part of the crew, which to me is fantastic.
    Earlier you said, stage cameras, didn't realize you meant the stages that weren't televised. Colin left after 2019, and I wasn't talking about him, I was referring to Emir (don't remember his last name) who left at the end of 2020.
    Rallying is a difficult sport to televise, because it happens on a long route in the forest/mountains and you can't compare it to F1 or other circuit sports happening on a small area where you can have everything plugged in.

The new graphics are also a lot better, WRC2 is separated etc. lots of small things have improved but you just forget how it was some years ago.
    The new graphics are horrible imho and I’d argue are harder to read than those we had just last year and while I'm grateful they separated WRC2, they still have some room to improve. I'm aware rallying is a difficult sport to televise but if you look at what Eurosport did back in the IRC days you'd see that they did a whole lot better given the technology they had back then. For reference, I suggest you check out their coverage of the Monte Carlo back in 2010 or Rally of Scotland in that year, both with atrocious conditions yet still they managed but maybe it's just like you said and my mind is betraying me already.
    Last edited by Eli; 10th November 2022 at 12:19.
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

9. Likes: b3637853 (10th November 2022),cali (10th November 2022),er88 (10th November 2022)
    Earlier you said,stage cameras, didn't realize you meant for the stages who weren't televised. Colin left after 2019, and I wasn't talking about him, I was referring to Emir (don't remember his last name) who left at the end of 2020.
    Obviously TV stages have always had land cameras, even before All Live. But normal All Live stages were originally just helicopter, onboards and stage end camera. Now we typically have three land cameras on a non-TV stage. Emyr Penlan left indeed, I almost didn't notice. But he was also one of those who could be as well at the stage end or at the studio, and didn't do always every event.

I have to check out that IRC 2010 footage that everybody talks about

Liked 615 Times in 326 Posts
    Emyr, Molly, Ben, Dave, Jade, Hayley, Seb, PK until JD stepped back; none are guaranteed starters. Only Becs, Kiri and Julien. Never really fully understood why there isn't a more fixed team but guess I'm not supposed to.

Quote Originally Posted by WRCStan View Post
    Emyr, Molly, Ben, Dave, Jade, Hayley, Seb, PK until JD stepped back; none are guaranteed starters. Only Becs, Kiri and Julien. Never really fully understood why there isn't a more fixed team but guess I'm not supposed to.
    Maybe they are all freelancers and have sometimes other jobs?

13. Likes: cali (10th November 2022),pantealex (10th November 2022)
    Liked 1,835 Times in 710 Posts
    Indeed several covered other racing series in the period they were appearing on the WRC. Molly even does or did some racing herself.

The issue is more what's lacking from the core team and that's a permanent presence of someone with world class experience. Anytime they have that it really elevates the comentating team.

15. Likes: AnttiL (10th November 2022)