Page 109 of 295 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119159209 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 2950

Thread: Wrc+

Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oliverk View Post
    There i still radio link on website. You don't have to buy all live.
    https://www.wrc.com/live-ticker/live_popup_radio.html
    As Eddie said that's just audio from all live. I better enjoy silence or my workmate's imprecations to clients than Desbourough telling me where the drivers are from.

2. Likes: b3637853 (18th September 2018),steve.mandzij (17th September 2018)
    Liked 258 Times in 103 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AL14 View Post
    As Eddie said that's just audio from all live. I better enjoy silence or my workmate's imprecations to clients than Desbourough telling me where the drivers are from.
    90 procent it is Becs and Julian in all live. But you can moan anyway about free product.

4. Likes: AnttiL (17th September 2018),cali (17th September 2018),pantealex (17th September 2018)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts

Wrc+

Becs is always there during stages, then Desborough, Porter and King alternate as second commentator and as studio co-host

Liked 258 Times in 103 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    Becs is always there during stages, then Desborough, Porter and King alternate as second commentator and as studio co-host
    I may be wrong, but isn't Des only in Live TV stages part?

I’m pretty sure he has also been there with Becs and with the studio hosts

Quote Originally Posted by Oliverk View Post
    90 procent it is Becs and Julian in all live. But you can moan anyway about free product.
    I'm not moaning. I'm politely stating that I miss the time when rally radio was a radio and not the audio of a live video.
    I didn't know it require too much intellect to understand that a commentary of a visual product can not keep you up to date on what happens on the rally like a radio commentary.

I'm not moaning. I'm politely stating that I miss the time when rally radio was a radio and not the audio of a live video.
    I didn't know it require too much intellect to understand that a commentary of a visual product can not keep you up to date on what happens on the rally like a radio commentary.
    I remember rally radio having Colin Clark describing the scenery at the location where he was interviewing the drivers or telling about his hotel breakfast, through a phone line sound quality, while waiting for cars to arrive. Sometimes there was even music played while the cars reached the finish. If someone had gone off, the only thing they could say is that he's not moving on the map or the split is missing. Now we can see what has happened, sometimes we're lucky to see it live, sometimes we can get an instant replay, sometimes we get the visual from the next car or helicopter a bit later. Even on the Audio Only, they say what's happened. Often we can even get a quick interview of the team boss after someone has retired. I think All Live Audio Only is a lot better, although I admit it's not tailored for pure listening experience, but it's a lot more informative and there's no more phone line sound quality.

10. Likes: Allez Andruet (19th September 2018),cali (18th September 2018),KiwiWRCfan (17th September 2018),Micke_VOC (19th September 2018),pantealex (18th September 2018),steve.mandzij (17th September 2018),the sniper (17th September 2018)
    Liked 43 Times in 25 Posts
    I miss them calling split times instantly, now the commentators are enjoying the video themselves and splits are rarely mentioned.

12. Likes: AL14 (17th September 2018),pantealex (18th September 2018)
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    I remember rally radio having Colin Clark describing the scenery at the location where he was interviewing the drivers or telling about his hotel breakfast, through a phone line sound quality, while waiting for cars to arrive. Sometimes there was even music played while the cars reached the finish. If someone had gone off, the only thing they could say is that he's not moving on the map or the split is missing. Now we can see what has happened, sometimes we're lucky to see it live, sometimes we can get an instant replay, sometimes we get the visual from the next car or helicopter a bit later. Even on the Audio Only, they say what's happened. Often we can even get a quick interview of the team boss after someone has retired. I think All Live Audio Only is a lot better, although I admit it's not tailored for pure listening experience, but it's a lot more informative and there's no more phone line sound quality.
    Why you guys don't understand a very simple reasoning?

Before All live, we could listen to radio and be updated on what was happening in the stage because the commentators, being in an only audio media had to update their spectators on splits and give comment on what was happening.
    The audio of a visual product do not do that because it would be stupid to update on all the split while they are showed on the screen. They just comment something that people are already watching and some information are not given.

Colin clark described the scenery before the event started and on break times... No reason to bring that to the discussion.

I'm not saying that just to say it. I actually tried to listen to the radio while working as I did for 4 years straight and it is not possible. You heard car noise, and some unclear comment and become annoying after 30 seconds.

As for the fact that you can see what happen. I'm happy for you but my statement was not against all live, but about the fact that personally I found the real radio a comfortable way to follow the rally and now I can't listen to it anymore. I hope now it's more clear.
    Last edited by AL14; 17th September 2018 at 23:23.

14. Likes: steve.mandzij (20th September 2018)
    Why you guys don't understand a very simple reasoning?

Before All live, we could listen to radio and be updated on what was happening in the stage because the commentators, being in an only audio media had to update their spectators on splits and give comment on what was happening.
    The audio of a visual product do not do that because it would be stupid to update on all the split while they are showed on the screen. They just comment something that people are already watching and some information are not given.
    In the radio times, most of the time we did not know what happened in the stage until the driver reached the finish or a spectator or team member sent a message from the retired/crashed/punctured car. It's true that now they cannot look at the split board all the time like in the past because it was all they had. But they still announce the split times quite often. And I think it's better to know what's happening in the stage than to know every single split.

As for the fact that you can see what happen. I'm happy for you but my statement was not against all live, but about the fact that personally I found the real radio a comfortable way to follow the rally and now I can't listen to it anymore. I hope now it's more clear.
    Every now and then I have to resort to just listening to the All Live stream and to me it still works just like the radio. It's different, but it's still informative.
    Last edited by AnttiL; 18th September 2018 at 07:42.

16. Likes: Allez Andruet (19th September 2018),cali (18th September 2018),pantealex (18th September 2018),Tarmop (18th September 2018)