Page 182 of 297 FirstFirst ... 82132172180181182183184192232282 ... LastLast
Results 1,811 to 1,820 of 2966

Thread: Wrc+

Liked 148 Times in 42 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    So Thursday evening they will launch new things? Good luck to them then.
    This. Basically every new release (be that a new feature or just bugfixes), I scratch my head and wonder who's the product manager and how on earth did they get the job. Changes are good, changes are necessary but to introduce product breaking changes mid-event is just beyond acceptable. Obviously there are times where these can't be avoided, but there's been just handful of events in the past 3 years (totaling around 40 events) where the platform worked without any update-related breakdowns (or I just didn't notice).

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    I don't know how you came to the conclusion that what Ben said means that the app or system will be updated on Thursday. He said "I hope you're watching on Thursday eve". To me it means that there will be something different in the content that we will see.

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    I just don’t have enough words how bad the marketing is for wrc+ and also for the whole series.
    They've basically put all their eggs in the WRC All Live basket.....(which is almost understandable) but there is very little coverage not behind a paywall. And, I don't know if it's just a UK thing, but you still see comments not knowing were to watch WRC coverage.....

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 30 Times in 13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    I don't know how you came to the conclusion that what Ben said means that the app or system will be updated on Thursday. He said "I hope you're watching on Thursday eve". To me it means that there will be something different in the content that we will see.
    That's true but I too fear we will be looking at a rotating GPS map instead of live pictures of the rally when they say things like that though. Their track record isn't exactly great when it comes to things like this. (same applies to F1 and their streaming or timing products btw)

Quote Originally Posted by theracingelf View Post
    That's true but I too fear we will be looking at a rotating GPS map instead of live pictures of the rally when they say things like that though. Their track record isn't exactly great when it comes to things like this.
    Changing on-screen personnel or the concept of the program has nothing to do with technical issues. I agree that they should find ways to rectify them, but I also understand that sending live coverage from the mountains of Monte Carlo is not a cakewalk.

Liked 9,347 Times in 4,964 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cali View Post
    Looks like DirtFish is heavily investing. Thou I liked Colin at the stage ends, not so much behind his kitchen table mostly because his analysis were way off from the reality. But good luck anyways!

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk
    Quite the opposite for me. Neverliked his stage ends... his accent was too grating for the poor audio. But I like his Kitchen Table.

Changing on-screen personnel or the concept of the program has nothing to do with technical issues. I agree that they should find ways to rectify them, but I also understand that sending live coverage from the mountains of Monte Carlo is not a cakewalk.
    The technical changes are coming as well, we got the first indication of it on the Monte preview video on WRC Plus, where they had replaced green with orange. And if you take a look at this post https://www.instagram.com/p/B7imBbdIUGw/ you can see at the end of video, the application is receiving a facelift at the very least.

Quote Originally Posted by tr4m View Post
    The technical changes are coming as well, we got the first indication of it on the Monte preview video on WRC Plus, where they had replaced green with orange. And if you take a look at this post https://www.instagram.com/p/B7imBbdIUGw/ you can see at the end of video, the application is receiving a facelift at the very least.
    Changing graphics or the application UI has nothing to do with the technical updates relating to connection problems.

Changing graphics or the application UI has nothing to do with the technical updates relating to connection problems.
    I was talking about the service-breaking issues in general, not just "the rotating map". The connection issues I can totally understand, especially when the event takes place in mountains or thick forests. Issues like these are being dealt with and have become a long way, but they still break the entire application with other technical changes. What's the use of good and stable connection when the application doesn't allow you to log in, randomly logs you out or refuses to connect to the stream in the first place because there's some exception in the code. And the latter is what's been annoying me for as long as I have used wrc plus.

10. Likes: theracingelf (21st January 2020)
    Quote Originally Posted by tr4m View Post
    I was talking about the service-breaking issues in general, not just "the rotating map". The connection issues I can totally understand, especially when the event takes place in mountains or thick forests. Issues like these are being dealt with and have become a long way, but they still break the entire application with other technical changes. What's the use of good and stable connection when the application doesn't allow you to log in, randomly logs you out or refuses to connect to the stream in the first place because there's some exception in the code. And the latter is what's been annoying me for as long as I have used wrc plus.
    Again, this is purely "backend" stuff with the login servers and streams. All the "frontend stuff" like changing colors or UI doesn't depend on that.

And of course the issues always start during Monte, because you can't really test this app before it goes out live.