Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Spriklers

Banned
    Liked 152 Times in 123 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger View Post
    As in, no overtaking except for in the pits and off the start-line?
    No overtaking except wheel to wheel on the track is what we want. It can be done, but not unless you crack down on the chopping, blocking and swerving.

Watch Indycar and you'll see 100 clean passes every race, You'll also see 25 bumper car passes, but those are ok because the cars are pretty safe and if they touch racing hard it's better than watching them follow each other around.

Banned
    What is real competition?
    One set of rules for everyone with no tire compound requirements, so DRS, and no push to pass buttons. Ypu either get it done with the wheel and petals or your don't.

This is why Americans love sprint cars. It's just balls out racing. It's not quite my thing, but I prefer it to something manufacturered and tailored to falsely look competitive.

Front-engined cars, spoke wheels and narrow tyres?
    No, the current cars are fine if you take off the DRS.

As far as the tires, there were complaints last year the Pirelli was so hard you could do a whole weekend on a single set, so let's use those. You know, what would that do to the average team's tire bill? Without tire changes, everything would have to be accomplished on the track, which I believe is what interests most of us anyway.

I remember in the old days a put stop of any kind would kill your chances and we need to get back to that.

When I joined this forum, everyone complained about how boring the races were. Everyone wished there was more overtaking.
    There was so much chopping, blocking and swerving going on during that time that trying to pass anyone was a death sentence. Stop the dirty driving and racing suddenly happens.

Also, screw safety. We need grass run off areas and concrete walls ten feet from the racing surface. Now you can run ten feet off the road and rejoin without losing more than a few feet to your competition. that sort of thing used to kill you, so drivers drove a little better and respected each other more. It is wonderful that the cars are also safe, but I believe if you get four wheels over the curb, you should hit something and put yourself out of the race.

Now there's plenty of wheel-to-wheel action and everyone is complaining that it is all fake, and they would prefer it as it was... whatever that means.
    If they just get rid of the DRS, that would help. the DRS gives an advantage to the guy in the rear and makes the guy in front a sitting duck. It s extremely unfair to a guy who works his way forward and the simple push of the buttom propels the guy behind by him. Fake. Fake. Fake. Fake.

The kers and the ers and all of that is the same thing for everyone. Once the engine companies get that fully figured out, we will hardly ever hear about it.

As for viewing figures falling...
    TV numbers for all racing suck right now. It's just a cycle.

Sadly, the biggest TV numbers came right after Dale Earnhardt was killed, and right after Senna was killed.

I don't think they have anything to do with rule changes at all.
    If they get rid of the DRS and tire rules, at least it will be real again. check Utube for some of the old GPs with no refueling and no tire changes, and even the ones with no wings. It was real. It was pure.
    Last edited by Doc Austin; 30th July 2014 at 17:19.

Banned
    Here is your REAL racing....................

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeREa0HUrXY

Liked 84 Times in 63 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Austin View Post
    I think they need to just put a big block of concrete there and if you hit it your penalty is self enforcing. Today if you run off the track you run off onto asphalt and you can rejoin losing only a few seconds. In that past, you would die. I don't want to see people dying, but I also don't want to see them run of the track with no consequence.
    Two words: Spike strips. That should take care of it.

DRS and push to pass are phoney. Mandatory option tires are phoney. There is so much phoney stuff going on that this is the real reason people are losiong interest. racing needs to be real again.
    Indeed. I have a particular dislike for DRS, which seems like such a ridiculous contrivance to artificially create more passes.

One other thing: I started watching some of the GP2 races, which NBC Sports is now carrying. There's some pretty good racing going on there with everybody driving basically the same car and no stupid gimmicks...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncan View Post
    One other thing: I started watching some of the GP2 races, which NBC Sports is now carrying. There's some pretty good racing going on there with everybody driving basically the same car and no stupid gimmicks...
    Thanks. I will definitely give that a look.

Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts

If you want F1 to be a spec series and race on ovals, then there is your answer.

I like both series as they are thanks.

Although hopefully IndyCar can move towards the profile it had in the early-mid 1990s.

Banned
    If you want F1 to be a spec series and race on ovals, then there is your answer.
    I didn't exactly say that.

What I liked about the 500 this year was no push to pass, no fuel mileage racing, no DRS, no option tires and no phony baloney BS. Here's the greatest race in the world...........go for it. It does not get any more epic than that.

I like both series as they are thanks
    I'de be perfectly fine with F1 if they just dropped the phony baloney DRS and phony tire compounds. I'm one of the few people who actually likes the new cars. I just don't like some of the phony aspects

Although hopefully IndyCar can move towards the profile it had in the early-mid 1990s.
    Never gonna happen. The loss of the cigarette and alcohol money just killed them, and then the manufacturers bailed and the whole thing imploded. Add to that the confusion and hatred of the split, we are lucky we have anything left at all.

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts

Almost as close as the comp' for hottest McBabe, which I'd have to say Castronevas' gf edges Hunter-Reay's wifey.
    May the forza be with you

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    Once you have rain and safety cars in every other race, the novelty will wear out and the show will feel fake and also unfair to too many drivers. How many good fast cars got screwed up by untimely safety car in Hungary?

This is also my beef with IndyCar currently. Some races see up to seven safety cars. It can be a miserable experience to watch this.
    Last edited by zako85; 1st August 2014 at 09:07.

Liked 16 Times in 13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazio View Post
    Almost as close as the comp' for hottest McBabe, which I'd have to say Castronevas' gf edges Hunter-Reay's wifey.
    My wordy-lordy yes! Curse these dashing racer types and their supermodel adornments making me feel all underachieving-ish. Oh, whats that? Yes dear, I will put the bins out after I've watched this...

11. Likes: Tazio (1st August 2014)