Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Liked 146 Times in 122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Hamilton - benefitted from the safety car yes but it's not like Abu Dhabi where Vettel benefitted from about 3 safety cars and got third. Lewis worked hard, made one mistake but that's it. Faultless otherwise. I'm also very proud of him that he ignored the team orders.
    Explain that logic to me please. First of all, Abu Dhabi had TWO safety cars, the same as yesterday's race. Lewis had the additional advantage that the first three were screwed over by the first safety car. That were three fast cars he could over take much earlier than was to be expected. When Vettel profits from two SCs to come 3rd it's nothing special and when Hamilton does the same we all have to praise the Lord, too? Sorry, that doesn't wash. Not to mention that in 2012 The RB was not even remotely as dominant and ridiculously superior to anything else as this year's Merc.
    Oh, and I would call nearly parking the car in the Armco hardly a faultless race.

Funny as well that you are proud of him ignoring team orders. I bet 30 mins with the search function yields a post of yours where you weren't as benevolent towards other drivers.
    как могу я знать что я думаю, пока не слушал что я говорю

Liked 192 Times in 174 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by donKey jote View Post
    Alonso
    Ric
    (Ham) -> lucked it with the SC and couldn't pass Alo, otherwise great drive
    This
    Tito Vilanova = :champion:

3. Likes: Tazio (29th July 2014)
    Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts

Driver(s) of the Race - Hungary

Quote Originally Posted by dj_bytedisaster View Post
    Funny as well that you are proud of him ignoring team orders. I bet 30 mins with the search function yields a post of yours where you weren't as benevolent towards other drivers.
    We could all use the search function on here to find some gems. I reminded you of that earlier in the season when you were making identical allowances for Vettel while spending previous years lambasting drivers you don't like for similar incidents. It's really best not to go there DJ as we are ALL biased to a degree.

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88 View Post
    We could all use the search function on here to find some gems. I reminded you of that earlier in the season when you were making identical allowances for Vettel while spending previous years lambasting drivers you don't like for similar incidents. It's really best not to go there DJ as we are ALL biased to a degree.
    We are all biased, but some are more biased than others - I believe George Orwell said this. Or something similar
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Banned
    Liked 152 Times in 123 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dj_bytedisaster View Post
    Funny as well that you are proud of him ignoring team orders
    One is either their own man, or they are not. What's so hard to understand about that?

You fight your whole life to scrape into F1 and when you make it some suit is telling you to let someone pass you? "Sod off" (which you can actually say in America) would be my response, or even better "tough luck."

Things become a bit different when it's crunch time, If not letting your team mate pass you in the last race loses him the championship to another team, you just screwed your own career and rightfully so. Millions of dollars are out there and you have to be smart about it. If you can't win the championship, it becomes your job to make sure your teammate does.

It was like with Vettel and Webber (during Vettel's first championship). I thought it was time for Vettel to support Webber because he only needed just a little help and the title was the Aussie's. Vettel wasn't having any of it, and it earned him his first championship. I thought Red Bull was crazy to let Vettel steal points from Webber with a championship almost in hand, yet with Alonso so close, and it was not until Vettel actually crossed under the checkered flag in the last race that it was settled.

That was the year Webber and Vettel took each other out in Turkey, and a week later Vettel stupidly crashed himself and Jensen at Spa. People was saying the German was fast, but wild, immature and mistake prone. Maybe not even Formula One material after all. I remember people saying all those things, but I remember people saying the same things about Scheckter, Depallier, and yeah, even Jpchen Rindt.

There was talk Vettel would not be back the next year. So yeah, now you think I am going to bend over and take it from Mark? Not likely. From that moment on until halfway through the next season, Vettel never again put a wheel wrong, and it was Webber who squandered his best championship hope.

I was not a Red Bull fan when Vettel won his first championship. I thought they were stupid and throwing away a sure championship just so they could appear to be "sporting." However, the way they did it, and they way they do everything else, they are fast becoming my team. The fact that Ricciardo is schooling the four time German world champion in essentially a German (Austrian) team proves they play no favorites.

With Mercedes, the perfect season is gone, so let Nico and Lewis kill each other if that is what they want. I would respect Mercedes a lot more if they just let them hammer away and let the best man win. The championship is all but completely out of reach for anyone else, so make them play nice for a few races, and when the others are mathematically out, bring out the long knives and let's see some freakin' blood.

7. Likes: Mia 01 (29th July 2014)
    Banned
    We had a really cool sportscar series in the US during the late 60/early70 called the Canadian American Challenge" (CanAm). John Surtees won the championship n 1966, but after that, Bruce McLaren built such a great car that no one could touch him or teammate Denny Hulme. They even let Chris Amon race the spare once and they finished 1, 2, 3.

It was pointless for them to race, simply because it was SURE money in a very lucrative series. The only solution was to take turns. Eventually we called it "The Bruce and Denny show," because that is exactly what it was.

They did not even try to race each other. They would lock up the front row, streak away and then whomever's turn it was to win went to the front. The next race it was the other driver. You might notice one year Bruce was Champion and then Denny and then Bruce again, like....you know, they planned it that way.

Eventually Denny broke down at the wrong time and Bruce won Denny's championship by accident, which some people say haunted McLaren to his grave. They were such great friends that McLaren felt horrible.

As you can see, there are times when it is best to have team orders. Ferrari used this to huge effect with Schumacher/Barrachello. Not only did Mikey have the best car, he also had the best jam car bottling everyone up behind him.

There are other cases worth pointing out as well. François Cervert spent a career in Jackie Stewart's wheel tracks watching and learning, without ever even thinking about making a move on him. It was a fair exchang because Cervert would head into 1974 driving the champion's car, with everything the champion could have taught him. It just tragically did not work out that way.

9. Likes: jens (1st August 2014)
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    Ricciardo, and Alonso were supreme. Haminton was very good. Also a big nod to Kimi and Vergne.

Between Ricciardo and Alonso, I can't for the life of me decide between who deserves DOTR most.
    Iceman: Adjective 1)Rapid, swift 2)Nickname of Kimi-Matias Räikkönen, a legendary Formula 1 driver

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by aryan View Post
    Ricciardo, and Alonso were supreme. Haminton was very good. Also a big nod to Kimi and Vergne.

Between Ricciardo and Alonso, I can't for the life of me decide between who deserves DOTR most.
    Dude, you're an Aussie. Should be an easy pick!