Page 8 of 42 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Lukyanuk

Liked 2,839 Times in 1,612 Posts
    Maybe you´re right. But do they have gravel or tarmac crews? Wasn´t it mud thrown by onther cars on the surface?
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 168 Times in 98 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lundefaret View Post
    The rally ended with a big mistake, that should have been avoided in the pace notes. But Lukyanuk showed good speed on an unfamiliar surface, and in an unfamiliar car. Would be very good to see him in a R5 for the next season.
    And he had a new co-driver, right?

Liked 8 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Co-driven View Post
    And he had a new co-driver, right?
    Yes, but only for one rally.

Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    Maybe you´re right. But do they have gravel or tarmac crews? Wasn´t it mud thrown by onther cars on the surface?
    Yes, it was but that's part of the experience from driving similar events. Be sure that those who know such events are able to expect where mud will be and can put that into their pacenotes. I think for Alex it was completely new experience in Austria so it's not really something to blame him for. It's important to take a lesson for next time.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

5. Likes: Rallyper (9th November 2014),WUff1 (10th November 2014)
    Liked 887 Times in 277 Posts
    One could analyze ones mistakes the easye way by letting other people, circumstances etc take the blame. But tis way it will only happen again under the same circumtsances.

One could also analyze ones mistakes the hard way, by taking responsibility and analyzing what one could have done differently, to avoid the same mistake again.

Mud being thrown on the road on a tarmac rally held on mixed surfaces in the rain is a rule, not an exeption.

Being aware of the outside of the road when You write pace notes so You know where it is "safe" to go off/push (like Loeb always did), is of utter importance.

Lukyanuk is still inexperienced, and is still extremely fast, and this was a very difficult event to have a one off in a new car/class, but it is still his own mistake. But that is not important. The important part is what he takes away from it, how he digests these new experiences to something that can help him be even faster and safer.

Lukyanuk is a very smart man, and I am sure that he will come away stronger and faster
    https://www.facebook.com/noseendfirst?ref=hl#

7. Likes: dodge33cymru (9th November 2014),WUff1 (10th November 2014)
    Liked 1,779 Times in 421 Posts
    Lukyanuk has never driven proper tarmac rally. One test before this rally, a few ss km in Estonian championship (motly sss city stages and a few more stages in Viru rally) and I belive he has never used tarmac tyres on those rallies as well. So, to go with that speed on first rally is good, however, seems that he needs to slow down a little.. at least for the beginning.
    Colins Crest = Möldri Mätas

9. Likes: WRC1 (9th November 2014)
    Liked 2,839 Times in 1,612 Posts
    Hard way or easy way could even be same thing this time. I´m sure he´ll take with him the experience and avoiding this kind next time. But there are several more things to learn, which I belive he will if he gets the chance driving R5 in the future. We are many fans wanting to see him up there.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

11. Likes: rage82 (9th November 2014)
    Liked 16 Times in 13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluuford View Post
    Lukyanuk has never driven proper tarmac rally. One test before this rally, a few ss km in Estonian championship (motly sss city stages and a few more stages in Viru rally) and I belive he has never used tarmac tyres on those rallies as well. So, to go with that speed on first rally is good, however, seems that he needs to slow down a little.. at least for the beginning.
    Remember Rally Masters Show tarmac stages in Moscow(?)
    Satakymppi, oikee yks

Liked 887 Times in 277 Posts
    Hard way or easy way could even be same thing this time. I´m sure he´ll take with him the experience and avoiding this kind next time. But there are several more things to learn, which I belive he will if he gets the chance driving R5 in the future. We are many fans wanting to see him up there.
    This I agree with completly, he is my absolute number 1 favorite driver outside the WRC at the moment.
    https://www.facebook.com/noseendfirst?ref=hl#

Liked 20 Times in 11 Posts
    Onboard Waldviertel rallye Super Special Stage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9TQZgIq9wM

15. Likes: lewalcindor (25th November 2014),OnlyRally (27th November 2014),stefanvv (26th November 2014)