Page 1 of 42 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Lukyanuk

Liked 887 Times in 277 Posts

Lukyanuk

So how many incredible drives does Lukyanuk have to do before a factory team tries him out?
    He should be a candidate for Hyundai, Peugeot or others.
    He has impressed numerous times, and now he is at it again in Estonia! What a driver!
    https://www.facebook.com/noseendfirst?ref=hl#

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    we are not in the 80s anymore... he has to pay for some years and test himself against proper drivers in proper cars... he can ridicule class b and c drivers in toy cars all he wants but without proper backing to test himself there is no future anymore... plus investing in a 34 year old is a waste of money.

Liked 20 Times in 11 Posts
    At some point M-Sport or Citroen will have to do something about their driver line up if they don't want to lose all credibility as (pseudo)manufacturer teams. Right now Meeke and Hirvonen should be on the way out, and aside lukyanuk there are very few drivers that are very competitive at an european level.

ps: lundefaret sorry I saw your PMs incredibly late, I have not been here very often unfortunately. I'll do my best to find some time to answer you.
    Last edited by miniwintz; 18th July 2014 at 23:04.

Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lundefaret View Post
    So how many incredible drives does Lukyanuk have to do before a factory team tries him out?
    He should be a candidate for Hyundai, Peugeot or others.
    He has impressed numerous times, and now he is at it again in Estonia! What a driver!
    he needs(and deserves) some drives with s2000/r5/rrc car.After that it will be more clear if hhe is for the big league.
    Definetely his drives are awesome,but we haven t see him at different stages apart Esthonian and Finland stages.

5. Likes: andyone (31st July 2015),Rallyper (19th July 2014)
    2007 Overall Pickems Champion
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    The fact that Lukyanuk is Russian won't do him any good marketing-wise in the current political context, if we're talking about him being offered a factory seat in the WRC/ERC. Perhaps it would be more realistic for him to knock on some oil/gas oligarch's door and ask for some money to buy an M-Sport ride in selected gravel rounds. A WRC-2 programme in a RRC would be just fine as well. I suspect Lukyanuk is really fast only on familiar road conditions and close to home, but I would be happy to be wrong about him
    "Nada pode me separar do amor de Deus"
    http://rallyeracing.wordpress.com/

Perhaps Hänninen knows something we don't? Doesn't seem very happy

Quote Originally Posted by Mihai View Post
    The fact that Lukyanuk is Russian won't do him any good marketing-wise in the current political context, if we're talking about him being offered a factory seat in the WRC/ERC. Perhaps it would be more realistic for him to knock on some oil/gas oligarch's door and ask for some money to buy an M-Sport ride in selected gravel rounds. A WRC-2 programme in a RRC would be just fine as well. I suspect Lukyanuk is really fast only on familiar road conditions and close to home, but I would be happy to be wrong about him
    Well, I dont agree.
    Even Mr Putins actions or non actions in The Ukrain does not hamper the fact that Russia it self is a very big market.

And internationally his driving style can bring back some of the entusiasm we lost with the departure of Colin McRae.
    Tough Lukyanyk actually is a very Nose End First driver - and this proves that Nose End First does not need to be boring to watch (he does his ation in entries and in sections), he has some incredible moves. It would be very interesting to see if he can replicate this in a WRC car!

Lundefaret have you seen my PM? I am not sure I sent it correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by miniwintz View Post
    Lundefaret have you seen my PM? I am not sure I sent it correctly.
    Yep, seen it now. Thanks!

He was interviewed a few minutes ago on ERC radio, anyone knows how to access archived podcasts? Apparently he has nothing secured for the future and hopes that a good result in Estonia will help to be noticed by european sponsors (russian ones can't offer much more than competing in national events).