Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Post Raikkonen hints at retirement after Ferrari

Kimi Raikkonen has indicated that he is likely to step away from Formula One racing when his current contract with Ferrari expires at the end of the 2015 season
    Raikkonen, 34, signed a two-year deal with the Italian team - with whom he previously won the 2007 title - last September, but has endured a frustrating season to date, with a pair of seventh places his best results.

Asked at Silverstone about how long he will continue in F1 racing, Raikkonen said:

More...

Banned
    Liked 152 Times in 123 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by News View Post
    Kimi Raikkonen has indicated that he is likely to step away from Formula One racing when his current contract with Ferrari expires at the end of the 2015 season.
    Only if Ferrari let's him stay that long. People have been shown the door at Ferrari for better performances than Kimmi has been putting in this year.

Liked 146 Times in 113 Posts
    Like Kimi himself...

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    I remember some people were arguing the last couple of years that Massa is actually decent, and replacing him with anyone Ferrari could hire at that time would not change a thing. Maybe they were right. Or maybe, they at Ferrari design the car specially for Alonso.

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    I remember last time Ferrari went about changing a car for one driver and the other had to threaten legal action on the team to let him use an old floor design and only then did the performances get better. Sadly he was halfway out the door by then. It can't be easy driving a car that has had nearly 2 years of development for a driver who has been there a number of years. Kimi can't really be judged too harshly, especially by those not anywhere near his position. If I were him I would do my best, take the cash, and then retire knowing I had got what I wanted out of the sport. Thanks for the good times and laughs Kimi

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    I didnt realise we could post in the News threads.

I think Kimi should retire really. I just feel he is heading nowhere slowly at the moment. Despite appearing as fast as Fred earlier in his career, he just hasn't got/had the same drive and determination.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy