Thread: Croft

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Croft

I just have to say that Sunday's BTCC meeting was the best I've seen in ages! What do other people think?

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommy2k8 View Post
    I just have to say that Sunday's BTCC meeting was the best I've seen in ages! What do other people think?
    Too much unnecessary contact for my liking. Even though he's apologised, it must be said that Plato's move on Menu in race two was especially ham-fisted.

Also getting a bit tiresome is the view that the RWD cars are too fast. If the top five always consisted of three BMWs and two Audis, the complainants would have a point, but the truth is that Turkington is driving superbly.

Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
    Some very good racing, and some very questionable stuff too. Plato's move should have got a race ban for me. There was a lot of contact, but mostly not malicious, just the product of the track, the number and competitiveness off the cars. This year on the whole, has been the best for a long time for me. Fear snetterton could be a crash fest though, always creates a lot of close action
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.

Liked 23 Times in 16 Posts
    I wasn't sure Plato's move was much worse than anything else I've seen; a misjudgment, nothing more. And as I think I've made clear from previous posts, I'm not the man's biggest fan (although he's been moaning a lot less than Matt Neal this year, so perhaps the tide is turning...).

I agree with the RWD arguments becoming tiresome; fortunately I was out for a family meal on Sunday, so recorded the ITV4 coverage and was able to skip all the between-races bits that can become tedious

Also: well done David Addison, for apparently becoming the first person in the BTCC to spot that Volkswagen no longer uses the Passat badge on the CC. They only changed it two years ago...
    https://wordpress.com/stats/insights/stugrovesf1.wordpress.com

Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
    I (now being in Australia) watch the races back on YouTube in the week, so avoid all the other stuff, just get the racing. Yes, I agree, Plato's move was not deliberate, although I'm not sure he didn't expect to make just a little contact, but the scale of the misjudgement and the consequences made it all the worse for me.
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by inimitablestoo View Post
    Also: well done David Addison, for apparently becoming the first person in the BTCC to spot that Volkswagen no longer uses the Passat badge on the CC. They only changed it two years ago...
    Except for those who compiled the entry list; it's listed simply as a CC on there, too.

But David Addison does deserve much praise. He is by a long way the most observant motorsport commentator out there. Nothing gets past him.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinho View Post
    I (now being in Australia) watch the races back on YouTube in the week, so avoid all the other stuff, just get the racing. Yes, I agree, Plato's move was not deliberate, although I'm not sure he didn't expect to make just a little contact, but the scale of the misjudgement and the consequences made it all the worse for me.
    I suppose that was what I meant. Jordan should count himself lucky not to have suffered a heavier penalty for the moment with Giovanardi, too.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommy2k8 View Post
    I think that the championship is gonna get more interesting from here on in becuase Turkington is only just leading the standings by 5 points after a bad 3rd race