Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts

F1 Commission - Grabbing at straws

The secret to winning races: More Throttle, Less Brake.

Liked 673 Times in 470 Posts
    It sounds rather crazy to me. Restarts are bad enough, but if you had a standing restart you could really get screwed if on the wrong tires or something. Not to mention the first turn happens all over again.

With rolling restarts, the field is going to spread some as the lead drivers jump quicker, but at least there is some sense of fairness to it.

3. Likes: Mark (20th June 2014)
    Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Another stupid idea. You do wonder how they manage to keep thinking them up!

The idea of the likes of a two vs three stop strategy is basically dead.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

5. Likes: steveaki13 (20th June 2014)
    Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Absolutely ridiculous idea. That's all I have to say.

7. Likes: Mark (21st June 2014),steveaki13 (20th June 2014)
    Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell View Post
    Absolutely ridiculous idea. That's all I have to say.
    Thats all you need say.

Absolute joke.

Who are the majority watching F1 now a days? Must some geezers who know nowt about actual motorsport.

Jeez that sucks
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

9. Likes: TheFamousEccles (21st June 2014)
    Liked 16 Times in 13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steveaki13 View Post

Who are the majority watching F1 now a days? Must some geezers who know nowt about actual motorsport.
    Too right. Many fields of endeavour/employment etc are regulated by imbeciles who know nothing of the actual ins and outs of working at the coalface - F1 is diving in, boots and all, to join a sad tradition. You should try making an Accident and Emergency dept run with most of the directives that eminate from the detached beureaucracy - frustrating is not sharp enough a word.

It's as if they want it to suck...

Liked 169 Times in 131 Posts
    Just got in an seen this and am tired and not quite understanding. Are they saying standing starts will take place after a safety car. It seemed like they might be saying standing starts at random times in all races! If THAT happens, it will do a lot to put me off F1. Still not as bad as how the WRC is being wrecked (and has been since 2004). With the latest crackpot announcements for that, I think I'm finished with it now...
    SPAM - Going off topic to give you the deals you don't want.

12. Likes: AndyRAC (27th June 2014)
    Liked 23 Times in 16 Posts
    It does seem odd that we're effectively going back to the pre-Safety Car days, when a race would be stopped and fully restarted - only we're doing without the 30 minutes or however long it took to get everything done. Certainly it sounds like something that has been discussed among a group of people that doesn't include the drivers - I can't imagine they'd be in favour.

I've said it before, I'll say it again: the way to deal with restarts to prevent one driver bolting is to actually conduct them properly in the first place. As in the States, control of the race goes with the starter (flagman) rather than the leader of the race. Only when the starter is satisfied that the field is aligned closely enough does the restart get given. Under the present system an SC period is more likely to break up the field than keep things close.
    https://wordpress.com/stats/insights/stugrovesf1.wordpress.com

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Lets face the almost certain fact, that whoever decided this is loving the fact that if we have 2 SC in a race,, thats effectively 3 race starts and boy that means more crashes and carnage.

Hoorah for more artificial crashes
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Soooooo.....

Trundle around pointlessly behind the safety car, still burning fuel and putting the marshals in danger (because "slow" F1 cars are still doing motorway speeds). Then wait for a couple more laps while the back markers unlap themselves (why?). Then, after all that, everybody stops on the grid and restarts. Good lord what pointlessness. If you have to go down that route, why not just red flag the race, clear up the mess, then restart as usual?

It's more tinkering for the sake of "entertainment" from the people who brought you the genius of double points.
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u