Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Touring Car clothing/other stuff

Besides models, I've recently been starting to pickup touring car related clothing/other stuff.

Actively, I've bought a '94 BTCC Volvo 850 Racing jacket, '96 BTCC Audi Sport jacket and '97 BTCC Volvo S40 Racing jacket.

I also noticed you could buy prepaid phone cards with pictures of touring card on them. I only bought a STW Audi A4 one. But I've seen some JTCC BMWs/Toyotas.

Or how about the annual press/media guide packages?
    Over the past few years, I've picked up a BTCC Mondeo/Volvo/Peugeot/Honda/Nissan ones. My most prized one is probably the Nissan LeMans/JTCC one.

Anyone interested in these type of things?
    Supertouring Forever and Ever...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Where do you get that kind of stuff?

Racing jackets from 10yrs ago is fine as are media guide packages (whatever they are). May be worth something in the future if you cash in on them at the right time. But prepaid phone cards that are probably obsolete? You must see some value in them because I sadly do not.

Do you accept absolotely anything that has anything to do with the BTCC?

As mad as it initially sounds, I give your credit for being able to be as obsessed as you are.
    Manufacturers Champs (06'), Teams Champs (07')

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I've got my fair share of BTCC memorabilia from over the years. Have all the posters that I have collected from 1994 to the present, programmes from nearly every race I've attended and a lot of team clothing as well. I also for some reason have Rickard Rydell's pit garage sign from 1999 which I got from ebay. Not quite sure what to do with it, I might frame it and put it in my bedroom.
    You lot still here?!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Can anyone tell me if their anything petrolheads won't collect and worryingly is their any cut-off point? I have several posters somewhere in my room, a few cards, a SEAT cap and tee and two MG S&R baseball caps ("HotWheels" & "MG X-Power"), but whilst as far as the cards are concerned I would like more (because their small), I am already concerned about the amount of teamwear I have. Also, where in your homes do you put over 10yrs worth of jackets, signs, posters, programmes etc.?

Another point I must mention which you said yourself Iain.
    Your not even sure what you even want to do with the garage sign from 1999. Fans do that it seems. Buy with no intended use.
    Mind what do you do with most stuff except look at them I suppose.
    Manufacturers Champs (06'), Teams Champs (07')

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have quite a bit of the teamwear, vxr team shirt, but mainly MG Xpower Hot Wheels Racing from 2002, have the team shirt, team pit jacket (long) 2 mg caps & 6ft by 4ft! then i have other capwise: egg sport, team rac, dunlop (who hasnt), and the awesome '99 team dynamics one!
    COMING SOON . . . b2 Original Teile

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have the rac and dunlop hats that were given out for free in the last few years ( surely everyone has one by now! ). I also have the BTCC t-shirt for this year with all of the race dates on the back.
    Best item though must be a team halfords hat that has been signed by Howell, Eaves and Neal in 2005. It was signed at the Milton Keynes demo- matt signed it whilst sitting in the future championship winning car . Doubt if it's worth that much, but has good history for me
    Believe the above at your own risk.......

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I've got Dynamics clothing 99-present.

The 2005/06 Team Halfords clothing in very good for doing the gardening in. Or working in Halfords, I would imagine!
    Nick The Flick :imubash:
    :angryfire Everyone is entitled to my opinion :angryfire
    Visit http://www.extremephotos.co.uk. Go on, you know you want to!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I've actually thinned down my collection as I had no where to store it, I got rid of all the posters, postcards, clothing, stickers (appart from the John Cleland stuff). Mainly collect the models and touring car photos from 59 to present, and all programmes from the meetings I go to. I also have a lot a series/media guides and some autosport suppliments.
    Cleland is a legend. :cool:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ahhh, ok, so it's just not me!! You're right, petrolheads will collect anything. The clothing I actively wear, but on reduced schedule/frequency to protect it's condition.

The media guides/kits which introduce the teams/drivers/cars I sometimes display them around the home, kinda like a season display or museum. I acquired most of the mediaguides by contacting the racing teams directly. The Jackets I bought on Ebay.

I expect the phone card are used/expired, but it's neat to see a touring car printed on one of those.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I know in the US, you get Nascar or hockey team branded credit cards with pictures/drivers of your favourite teams, same concept.