Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88 View Post
    I'm not writing Hamilton off. I think it is absurd to write of a driver that has had 4 out of 6 pole positions and has won 4 out of the 6 races so far this season. Lewis does lose his cool when things don't go his way and maybe doesn't employ PR robot mode as well as other drivers, but his on track performances have not faltered this year yet. It was clear to see in qualifying that Lewis had the better pace and would possibly have gotten pole, but for the unfortunate misjudgement by his team mate. Lewis appeared faster than Nico during the early part of the race and we all know how difficult it is to get past at Monaco. Its ok to slap it down the inside in the midfield, banging wheels as we saw with quite a few drivers, but for a World Championship contender these things have to be a little more calculated IMO. Lewis drove calmly and finished in second place, one place behind his team mate which is another reason I don't understand why his temperament is being questioned. I think Lewis was right to be angry on Saturday and Sunday. I would have been more vocal had I been in his position, but I haven't had PR training. Its great to see their passion shine through.

It seems Lewis only has to have one performance where he doesn't win for his title challenge to be questioned. Nico on the other hand can be a tenth slower, spin it in Q3, and win a third of the races yet be considered the stronger driver. I say give these guys the credit they deserve and enjoy what is becoming a close season up front. At this moment in time I think Lewis is extracting slightly more out of the car with Nico a fag paper behind. It'll be close and I believe Lewis is lucky to have been in this position before and succeeded.
    I know you were not writing him off. I was referring to those that have.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Did this not all begin in Bahrain. I recall reading in one of the news sites that Nico used an unauthorised power setting to try to get by.

Tit for tat, and Lewis does the same in Spain.

Both apologise to each other.

The mistake in Monaco was probably not the issue, but reversing up while your teammate is right behind isn't really very sporting.

Still, it adds to the flair.
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.

Banned
    Liked 152 Times in 123 Posts
    Lewis dealt pretty successfully with Alonso, so I don't think Nico is going to demoralize him.

Nico has won twice this year. Once was when Lewis was on pole, but the car failed. The other was Monoco, a place where passing is notoriously impossible, after Nico started from pole under dubious circumstances. Both times Nico has won, it's only been after everything went wrong for Lewis.

Nico has used up his one dirty trick for the year. If he does anything else suspicious, few people will give him the benefit of the doubt.

We will see what happens when they get back to tracks where you can actually pass each other. I think there are probably few people who would pick Nico over Lewis in a straight fight.

Liked 13 Times in 9 Posts
    You right Mr Doc

Lewis win been when he win. Nico when Lewis car fail or weird qualify.

Now straight fight and I put dollar on Lewis all days

Liked 146 Times in 113 Posts
    Rosberg was mainly quicker than Hamilton at Albert Park, but Hamilton benefitted from the changeable conditions.

Liked 13 Times in 9 Posts
    Yes he benefit from car alive to car dead

Liked 193 Times in 131 Posts
    I would like Nico to get his first WDC this year, I think he will.

Liked 146 Times in 113 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MacFeegle View Post
    Yes he benefit from car alive to car dead
    I was talking about qualifying.

Liked 146 Times in 122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SGWilko View Post
    Did this not all begin in Bahrain. I recall reading in one of the news sites that Nico used an unauthorised power setting to try to get by.

Tit for tat, and Lewis does the same in Spain.

Both apologise to each other.

The mistake in Monaco was probably not the issue, but reversing up while your teammate is right behind isn't really very sporting.

Still, it adds to the flair.
    Nico reversed back when the yellows were already out and reverse was the only way to rejoin the track, which is vital as this years rules say that you have to bring the car back unless you have a mechanical, which he hadn't. He would have risked a penalty by parking a perfectly healthy car and the yellows stay out as long as a car is in the escape road anyway.
    как могу я знать что я думаю, пока не слушал что я говорю

Liked 146 Times in 122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Austin View Post
    Lewis dealt pretty successfully with Alonso, so I don't think Nico is going to demoralize him.
    Yeah, he dealt so well with him that the whole team was DSQ'ed in Hungary because the two of them behaved like school children.

Nico has won twice this year. Once was when Lewis was on pole, but the car failed. The other was Monoco, a place where passing is notoriously impossible, after Nico started from pole under dubious circumstances. Both times Nico has won, it's only been after everything went wrong for Lewis.
    Lewis did not make a single attempt at overtaking Nico the whole race. At Bahrain and Spain it could have gone either way. In fact in Bahrain he employed some rather questionably hard defending. Schumacher in his day was blasted for less. His only decisive win was China.

Nico has used up his one dirty trick for the year. If he does anything else suspicious, few people will give him the benefit of the doubt.
    According to the Stewards the was no dirty trick involved. According to one of the Stewards, it was quite the opposite: http://www.formula1blog.com/f1-news/...d-prix-racing/
    The only ones still harping on about foul play are Lewis himself and some disgruntled fanboys, who can't accept that someone else had the audacity to beat their love interest.

We will see what happens when they get back to tracks where you can actually pass each other. I think there are probably few people who would pick Nico over Lewis in a straight fight.
    We will see indeed. Lewis has made one big mistake. He has provoked Rosberg with some of his less intelligent statements. He might have opened a can of worms. Rosberg willingly obeyed team orders last year at Malaysia, gifting Lewis a podium. Looks like his team mate is a lot less charitable.
    как могу я знать что я думаю, пока не слушал что я говорю