Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Talking Its a Porsche Sweep

1-2-3 overall in tonights ALMS race

Penske Porsche took a 1-2 finish with car#7 winning

Dyson's #16 took 3rd and sister car finished 5th overall and 5th in class.

The Audi R10 lost its first race, but still won in class.

B-K motorsports was running great and I was ashamed to see them have troubles. they were running right with the Penske Porsches.
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Looks like Andretti Green had the speed, but totally missed the strategy. Congrats to Penske and especially to Dyson.
    "Risk sweetens everything" - Peter Revson (1939 - 1974)

Liked 18 Times in 12 Posts
    I dunno... A street race here or there is OK but after two street races I'm already tired of them. And now there's Houston coming too...

Apparently ALMS teams only got 45 mins of practise so I'm doubting whether the cooperation with IRL/CC is something worthwhile...

Maybe I'm just grumpy that I slept in and only saw the last 40 mins of the race. :
    .................................................. ..................................................

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I used to be a street race fan but the damage to cars no matter what series is too great a risk. I will be happy when we are done with the street races.

David

Liked 65 Times in 28 Posts
    I didn't like this track at all. Too much squirky corners, too narrow and too short straights. That insane roundabout just finished my annoyance with this track to the highest point. These cars are a bit like factoryfarm animals; you shouldn't lock them up in concrete and iron placements, but let them run around free in the open air were they belong.
    Good job this race was so ridiculous short so it was over very fast.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    that was a poor street race to run these cars.

I watched the CCWS race and the track looked horrible.

you'd think ALMS could drive on real road courses instead of these bad Street courses
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The fans seemed to prefer the Le Mans cars over the Champ Cars. Their free paddock always had several times the fans as the non-free CC paddock.

I expected a lot more from Long Beach. To me, off-track was far inferior to San Jose last year, to compare street venues.

Still, had a lot of fun, but doubt I'll go back with tracks like Utah and Road America beckoning.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Since the public doesn't come to the races, the races have to come to the public. Not a good idea for multi-class racing, though.
    "needless to say, mindless killing and slaughter is only entertaining if it's well done on a technical level" – from a movie review on imdb.com

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cybersdorf
    Since the public doesn't come to the races, the races have to come to the public. Not a good idea for multi-class racing, though.
    What does multi-class have to do with it? If anything, it provides for a lot of on-track action that may be lacking with a single class. ALMS offers a lot more for a non-race fan to instantly, easily enjoy.

Liked 18 Times in 12 Posts
    Multi class racing - rather big speed differences. Pirro got to know pretty well what it means...
    .................................................. ..................................................