Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by StevoEvo
    Hell Yea!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'll always remember going to the Radnor stage (normally 1st of the day) where you could hear the cars coming up the valley for a good 5 mins, which sounded awesome in the cold crisp air off November.
    Then obviously theres the famous Sweetlamb Hafren. Most of my memories of this stage where when it was run an the dark, most famously the McRae comeback in 95! Amazing atmosphere in the bowl with alot of noise, if you like that sort of thing.
    With the likes of Myherin, the hilly Esgair Daffyd, Twyi, Dyfi etc... it's all good............here's a directory of some welsh stages
    http://www.wda.co.uk/index.cfm/wda_h...orsport/en9798

The main thing the organisers have to sort out is the bad traffic congestion, which was a big problem when these stages were last used in 2000!
    Been to quite a few places in Hafren, Sweetlamb bowl is aewsome in the dark, a real natural ampitheatre, blows Walters Arena away. My personal favourite place was the Nant Melen hairpin, always a good atmosphere there, especially 1995.
    Do hope this is true and that they sort the traffic out, wasn't well thought out in 1999 when there was chaos. We could do with the return of the best stages in Wales, Rally GB might start to be a great event again.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts
    Anything that brings it north a bit gets my full support.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Most definatly Andy, it's got to be the most popular stage in Wales. Always packed without fail...
    Lets hope we are going north!!! If WRGB is to stay in Wales, it would be good to use all of Wales, and nice to see some black top used lol

MY IDEAL RALLY ( if it's to be all 3 days in Wales)
    THURS
    CERIMONIAL START 18.30 Builth Wells
    Overnight halt Aberystwyth

FRIDAY
    05.00 START
    Service Dolgellau
    SS1 Penmachno
    SS2 Clocaenog
    Service Dolgellau
    SS3 Machynlleth
    SS4 Pantperthog
    Service Dolgellau
    SS5 Sweetlamb 1 (night Stage)
    Service Builth Wells and overnight halt

SATURDAY
    06.00 START
    SS6 Radnor
    SS7 Sweetlamb 2
    SS8 Hafren
    Service Builth Wells
    SS9 Tywi
    SS10 Esgair Cerrig
    SS11 Myherin
    Service Builth Wells and overnight halt and tarmac setup

SUNDAY
    05.30 START
    SS12 Epynt (tarmac stage)
    SS13 Brecon Beacons North (tarmac stage)
    SS14 Brecon Beacons South (tarmac stage)
    Service Glyneath and gravel setup
    SS15 Resolven
    SS16 Rhondda
    SS17 St Gwynno
    Service Cardiff
    SS18 Cardiff City (tarmac stage on city roads on gravel tyres sideways is always good)
    Finish Cardiff City Hall

Here's Hoping

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Start in Cardiff, first night remote service Carlisle, second night York, finish in Cardiff.

Everyones happy!!
    I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    it's a bit off-topic, but i will ask here as there are a lot of Wales Rally experts

i've seen a massive jump (and real fast, maybe 140/150 km/h) on Eurosport on the last 2 editions (if not more). Last year i remember Solberg jumping a lot. I have suspicion that this jump is in Epynt stage... but not sure

so where is it¿?

MJW
    it's a bit off-topic, but i will ask here as there are a lot of Wales Rally experts

i've seen a massive jump (and real fast, maybe 140/150 km/h) on Eurosport on the last 2 editions (if not more). Last year i remember Solberg jumping a lot. I have suspicion that this jump is in Epynt stage... but not sure

so where is it¿?
    Its actualy on the Margam (or Port Talbot named stage this year) near junction 4 on that stage. Its a man made jump and you can get really high jumps.

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
    Did they finish Port Talbort stage in Margam park this year? In my view the rally season just HAS to finish in Margam park! Shame it didn't happen this year! Great news that the rally is spreading out, hopefully some day I'll get to see one of the classic long and adventurous Rally GBs i am too young to remember!
    To join, copy and paste this into your signature.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MJW
    Its actualy on the Margam (or Port Talbot named stage this year) near junction 4 on that stage. Its a man made jump and you can get really high jumps.
    It may be that... the jump i'm refering is on 2:18 on that video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktldc6vSPYA

Quote Originally Posted by Norwegian Blue
    Did they finish Port Talbort stage in Margam park this year? In my view the rally season just HAS to finish in Margam park! Shame it didn't happen this year! Great news that the rally is spreading out, hopefully some day I'll get to see one of the classic long and adventurous Rally GBs i am too young to remember!

no, this year Margam Park area was not used

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

?

I would love to see the rally head back north but it wont unfortunately due to traffic congestion the roads JUST wouldnt be able to cope with the amount of traffic, its a pity as it would be awesome to see them use Hafren, Dyfi, Radnor, Myherin, these are possibly the best stages in England.
    Q476 YUJ

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kernel_gdi

so where is it¿?
    Epynt has many jumps but the ones used by the WRC are Deers and Paras.
    Last year was probably the Deers Leap jump, just east of Dixies corner. This year they introduced a new jump called Para's. Heres some vids of them..
    Deers Leap:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCFYiKiRbBE

Para's Jump:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xl4yOafN-PA : poor quality

Also found a few vids of the national rallies on Epynt ranges:
    http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=epynt

Is this the Margam jump you mean? I do like the look of this jump!! . Does anybody confirm where about it is?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCFYiKiRbBE