Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Utter idiocy from Giovanardi as the safety car boards came out. Two races ruined by a ham-fisted piece of driving, deserving of exclusion.

Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell View Post
    Utter idiocy from Giovanardi as the safety car boards came out. Two races ruined by a ham-fisted piece of driving, deserving of exclusion.
    I think it's just a simple case of not being able to see the signs/flags where he was on the track.
    2nd place in the big quizz challenge!

Quote Originally Posted by Alfa Fan View Post
    I think it's just a simple case of not being able to see the signs/flags where he was on the track.
    Maybe, but everybody else seemed to manage OK, and from the on-board footage from Ingram's car it wasn't as if he or Smith seemed to slow abruptly.

Giovanardi has to be the most disappointing driver in this year's series so far. His performance relative to Jackson, who had virtually no pre-season testing in the revised car, in race three today was another indication. Marc Hynes is another contender, but at least he has the excuse of no prior front-wheel-drive touring car experience. Menu, by contrast, did a pretty awesome job in that race. To go from 29th to ninth is quite something. Good runs too from Collard and Foster again. Nice also to see Lea Wood showing a bit of pace.

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    What an amazing finish to race 3. Sheddon with a chaotic move on the last corner.

Exciting stuff.

I agree about Giovanardi. He seemed completely unaware of the SC coming out. Poor driving. To be honest I was a bit surprised about how long it took for a few to stop the side by side stuff.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Quote Originally Posted by steveaki13 View Post
    What an amazing finish to race 3. Sheddon with a chaotic move on the last corner.
    WSR have apparently appealed the result, but I don't think they've much to complain about. Shedden was clearly round the outside of Turkington. And Turkington himself, albeit diving down the inside, pulled a very similar move on Giovanardi for the lead at the same place in 2006 without penalty.

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Appeal thrown out, which makes sense. I'm not Shedden's biggest fan but would have been wrong to strip that one from him as Turkington effectively gave Shedden no choice but to take to the gravel because he didn't leave any room.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJan View Post
    Appeal thrown out, which makes sense. I'm not Shedden's biggest fan but would have been wrong to strip that one from him as Turkington effectively gave Shedden no choice but to take to the gravel because he didn't leave any room.
    also Turkington ran wide anyway over some gravel so they both went to some extent off track.

That's the correct decision IMO too.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell View Post
    Giovanardi has to be the most disappointing driver in this year's series so far. His performance relative to Jackson, who had virtually no pre-season testing in the revised car, in race three today was another indication.
    I saw Gio at the weekend, and would suggest that he might not be spending as much time in the gym as some of the other drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by tintin View Post
    I saw Gio at the weekend, and would suggest that he might not be spending as much time in the gym as some of the other drivers.
    Interesting — not least for the contrast with his fellow ex-champion returnee.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I agree with It doesn't matter atm. That kind of support comes and goes. Independent/private entries are the backbone of Touring car racing.