Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts

China: Rate and Review the Race

So after the great race in Bahrain, its not such a good race but whats your verdict.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 146 Times in 122 Posts
    Lots of people were jumping up and down saying after Bahrain that we now all must take each other's hands and sing Kumbayah. The reality is. We had two stinkers, the brilliant race at Bahrain and now again a 'meh' race again. Last year was just as boring up front, but at least we had midfield battles. Those are mostly missing this year.
    как могу я знать что я думаю, пока не слушал что я говорю

Quote Originally Posted by dj_bytedisaster View Post
    Lots of people were jumping up and down saying after Bahrain that we now all must take each other's hands and sing Kumbayah. The reality is. We had two stinkers, the brilliant race at Bahrain and now again a 'meh' race again. Last year was just as boring up front, but at least we had midfield battles. Those are mostly missing this year.
    I agree about the racing generally in 2014 in some ways.

I think most people saw Bahrain for what it was, a brilliant race but generally this one was not a great one.

Liked 50 Times in 32 Posts
    Another race that's just as boring as the second half of last season. Only good thing is that it's not Red Bull that's dominating.
    C'est la vie ja taksi tuo.

I gave Malaysia 5/10, Bahrain 8.5/10

This one was an OK race, but nothing more than a 4/10 race.

I felt Mercedes were cruising generally and Nico had a poor start. I felt it was there worst performance of the season. Apart from Oz with Hamilton retiring.

Anyway how Alonso finished 3rd I am not sure.

Vettel 5th and way behind, did Seb have an issue late on or did he just loose some interest late on?

A small mention for Max Chilton again. 23 races finishes in a row.

Liked 146 Times in 122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steveaki13 View Post
    Vettel 5th and way behind, did Seb have an issue late on or did he just loose some interest late on?
    Just heard his German language interview on RTL and he admitted, he doesn't get to grips with the car as of yet. Literal translation: "I just can't riddle out the bitch"

The thing is, he had learned the counter-intuitive driving style for Newey's EBD cars over the years and was frankly the best at it. But after doing that for almost 4 seasons, you have a problem to get it out of the system. I think he'll need most of the season until he get's rid of the unnatural style he had to learn for the last years.
    как могу я знать что я думаю, пока не слушал что я говорю

Sky desperately trying to get Horner to criticize Seb or say Seb is in turmoil.

Pathetic interview style to be fair.

Liked 46 Times in 41 Posts
    3/10 for the race & 7/10 for qualifying. The overall score is 5/10 for the whole event

Liked 41 Times in 26 Posts
    I see that Nico has been taking start lessons from Mark Webber.

I'm not sure that Ricciardo could've passed Alonso but Vettel not yielding when instructed could be seen as poor form. I would think Red Bull might be asking if today was a podium missed - certainly Mark Webber might be on the phone saying "I told you so".

Hamilton dogged it. He could've lapped Kimi if he wanted to.

China was an exceptional Grand Prix for the amount of passing. The fact that the passes were under blue flag should not come into it. There is no difference between a pass under blue flag and a pass under the DRS, they are both equally exciting.

On seeing Alonso's right side wheels coming off, Massa made a move to slam them back into place. Thank you Felipe!

Maldonado didn't flip anyone on their head today. Thank you Pastor!

China was Bahrain without the late safety car.

7/10
    Last edited by Whyzars; 20th April 2014 at 10:50.

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steveaki13 View Post
    Sky desperately trying to get Horner to criticize Seb or say Seb is in turmoil.

Pathetic interview style to be fair.
    yup, not their best moment. and I i really dislike horner. it was a non controversy, and Vettel was well within his right to not yield.
    Ricciardo was never going to catch rosberg, and as it turned out not the slower car of Alonso either.
    So all they did was swap positions. If ricciardo wanted to pass him, he should have fought for it.

also they did botch Vettel's strategy too. Converting him from a 3 stopper to a 2 and leaving him in that infamous limbo laps where he was past the 3 stopper and then came in shy of the 2 stopper.
    all around a bad day for RBR. That would have been my inquiry to Horner. not a desperate attempt at multi-45'ing this thing.
    Last edited by truefan72; 20th April 2014 at 11:43.
    you can't argue with results.