Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Post Haas could defer F1 entry until 2016

Gene Haas could postpone debuting his planned American Formula One team until the 2016 season, with a final decision to be made

More...

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    Get Peter Windsor in there!!

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88 View Post
    Get Peter Windsor in there!!
    Yeah Haas F1 is probably never going to happen Hennie, just like the USGP at CotA

Gene Haas has acquired the former Marussia F1 facility in Banbury to use has the European base for his new Grand Prix team. Haas admitted that his organisation was interested in acquiring some of the assets of the bankrupt team but the factory was not amongst the lots offered at auction in December. Haas F1 will make its race debut in the 2016 using Ferrari power, the team has already constructed a bespoke F1 facility in North Carolina but it will likely operate out of the former Marussia facility on Overthorpe Road for the bulk of the season. It is thought that Haas has also acquired the data and designs for the 2015 Marussia.

May the forza be with you

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts

Haas could defer F1 entry until 2016

I would rather they stay in Banbury and make use of the quality of engineering available here. We were talking about this in the pub last night as I'm in Banbury for Christmas. I can't see them initially setting up here and then moving to the States as they'll lose most of their workforce logically speaking. I am sure they will do that though but why use the Marussia facility in the first place?

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Haas intends to make both the US, and the UK facility permanent. I would think the Banbury facility will be integral to the operation, and with todays communication technologies his key employees will not be required to spend too much time between the two. However his hires in England are going to be expected to do some work stateside, and vice versa I would think. I guess time will tell.
    Remember Haas Automation already has 68 distribution outlets in Europe (locally owned),
    and a massive headquarters in Brussels. The man knows a little about logistics.
    Last edited by Tazio; 29th December 2014 at 01:26.
    May the forza be with you