Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 673 Times in 470 Posts
    Jag,

How dare you interject common sense into something such as this. As a fellow state resident, I'm calling for the immediate confiscation of all metal knives until we get this sorted out. I feel unsafe at the buffet.

I'm also going to make a pre-emptive call to ban all chopsticks. I eat a lot of sushi and I don't want some crazy person poking me in the eye because they used too much wasabi.

Anyone without a right leaning attitude should be behind this.

Signed,

Liberal and Scared of My Shadow

Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    The attacker was exercising his right to bear arms. Swords, clubs, bommy-knockers, koshers, knives and black puddings are all arms of sorts.
    This is probably a consequence of an unfettered right, without caveat as all of these incidences are. America has long since decided that this sort of thing is acceptable.
    While I support the right to bare arms, some people should never be in public without sleeves.
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
    Why not kill one generation and wait if the next one is a bit reasonable and educate them. As the bonus, all teachers got a long vacation they probably need. You welcome, next!!!!
    Another Flying Finn

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    You can't stop someone flipping out and hurting people, but in this case it could have been a whole lot worse had he used a gun. At least with a knife you have a chance to fend off your attacker as they have to be in close proximity to the victim. Unless they are some kind of ninja knife throwing maniac. If he'd strolled down the hall popping people off from 20 feet away with a pistol or automatic weapon, you have less of a chance. A gun is deadly in the wrong hands and allows a very quick and effective way of killing people as we know from all these shootings that seem to be happening. Of course the real question is why are these kids doing this? What on earth is the society doing to put this sort of action in their heads? Mental.

Hopefully the injured people will recover without a fatal outcome. Finger crossed muckers.

Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88 View Post
    You can't stop someone flipping out and hurting people, but in this case it could have been a whole lot worse had he used a gun. At least with a knife you have a chance to fend off your attacker as they have to be in close proximity to the victim. Unless they are some kind of ninja knife throwing maniac. If he'd strolled down the hall popping people off from 20 feet away with a pistol or automatic weapon, you have less of a chance. A gun is deadly in the wrong hands and allows a very quick and effective way of killing people as we know from all these shootings that seem to be happening. Of course the real question is why are these kids doing this? What on earth is the society doing to put this sort of action in their heads? Mental.

Hopefully the injured people will recover without a fatal outcome. Finger crossed muckers.
    Take an adolescent, with lots of strange hormones running around, add a negative sense of self worth and failure to fit into their peer group and you've got the basis for those kids. Now add in the national media playing it all up as the story of the year and you have just provided the incentive for them to go out in a blaze of glory "showing the world who I am and they shouldn't have messed with me and I'll make them be sorry" and, bingo, you've got your teenage mass murderer.
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover

Liked 82 Times in 63 Posts
    Enroll kids in a school in Georgia. They should feel safe there. "Amen"

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/georgia...obby-1.2597232
    “If everything's under control, you're going too slow.” Mario Andretti

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by schmenke View Post
    Enroll kids in a school in Georgia. They should feel safe there. "Amen"

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/georgia...obby-1.2597232
    Licensed carriers will be able to bring firearms into bars
    This may well affect the meaning of being 86'd from a bar
    May the forza be with you

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts

School shootings and now school stabbings??

Quote Originally Posted by Starter View Post
    Take an adolescent, with lots of strange hormones running around, add a negative sense of self worth and failure to fit into their peer group and you've got the basis for those kids. Now add in the national media playing it all up as the story of the year and you have just provided the incentive for them to go out in a blaze of glory "showing the world who I am and they shouldn't have messed with me and I'll make them be sorry" and, bingo, you've got your teenage mass murderer.
    I do think the schools system in the States is based far too much on competition, from my limited knowledge of course. There seems to be more peer pressure to fit into a social group than say the UK for instance. Films always seem to highlight the groups like jocks, nerds, goths etc etc and not sure how true that is but I've heard the opinion expressed in the past as a hint as to why kids feel let down when they don't feel they've fitted in. There must be something that trigger she extreme form of retaliation.

The problem we have here at the mo is not kids killing other kids with guns or knives but cyber bullying. Far too many kids are committing suicide after a few nasty Facebook posts and it's something our society and school desperately need to tackle!
    Last edited by henners88; 11th April 2014 at 19:44.

Liked 19 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88 View Post
    I do think the schools system in the States is based far too much on competition, from my limited knowledge of course. There seems to be more peer pressure to fit into a social group than say the UK for instance. Films always seem to highlight the groups like jocks, nerds, goths etc etc and not sure how true that is but I've heard the opinion expressed in the past as a hint as to why kids feel let down when they don't feel they've fitted in. There must be something that trigger she extreme form of retaliation.

The problem we have here at the mo is not kids killing other kids with guns or knives but cyber bullying. Far too many kids are committing suicide after a few nasty Facebook posts and it's something our society and school desperately need to tackle!
    Good luck Henners- In this country we will need a military coup or a revolution to alter our lead sled to hell!! The rancher in Nevada is only the beginning of things to come!!
    Obama to Biden - "Let the Welfare checks rain upon the Earth - I am going to a barbecue"