Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Liked 11,153 Times in 4,428 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarek Z View Post
    Easily. Exactly in the same way as it was done for 50 years, before some idiot invented two rallies in one.
    There is no use in talking about what was nice fifty years a go. The grass was greener in those times. Everybody knows...

Are you serious? I can't believe you support it.
    It doesn't help to dream about some wonderland where everything works nice. You need to cope with existing consequences. I do support the idea when there is no better choice which is this case.

What exactly You want to do in case of CoI? I don't ask about Your dreams but about real action You would take as an organizer. Be specific please.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    National Entry has all the local guys in WRCs, Evo IXs and Historics for the Irish tarmac Championship:

http://www.circuitofireland.net/uplo...list_final.pdf
    Information about Laird's punto??is a real Abarth Punto S2000??thanks

Liked 216 Times in 105 Posts
    Easily. Exactly in the same way as it was done for 50 years, before some idiot invented two rallies in one.

Are you serious? I can't believe you support it.
    Well ever since you have had to run a recent homologated car (ie for a very long time now) there has been a large number of competitors who would love to drive the same roads as the big budget guys, but have an older car/lack homologated gear and therefore are excluded from entering the international event.

This caters to both groups. This is how I did the WRC round here in NZ each year for the last few years, in an old Legacy and then an old WRX. I was able to run to regional rules which meant no need to have homologated parts on the car or some of the higher tier safety gear (ie HANS), therefore I could spend more money on doing events, rather than spending all my money on building/buying a car that was suited to an international event that happens once a year.

From a competitor perspective it makes perfect sense! And from an organiser perspective, they still get good support. So win-win really.

Liked 3,301 Times in 1,739 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    There is no use in talking about what was nice fifty years a go.
    I can't believe what I read. Are you really serious? I thought that wise people (and I consider you a wise person) draw conclusions from the past not to repeat the same mistakes in future?

Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    It doesn't help to dream about some wonderland where everything works nice.
    Really? Do you really think it is better to stagnate than to improve things?

What exactly You want to do in case of CoI? I don't ask about Your dreams but about real action You would take as an organizer. Be specific please.
    I'll try to be as specific as I can. What sense does it make to organize a sporting event in a country where competitors do not want to compete? I think that ERC organizers should choose the localizations of ERC rounds more carefully. One of the main factors of attractiveness of a rally event is the entry list. In Ireland this entry list is very poor, because local drivers do not want to compete. In order to avoid such situations in future this round should be given to another country. As far as I remember more than 20 countries were interested to host an ERC event. Why not choose a country where everybody competes in the same type of cars? Is it not more exciting to see the fight of top ERC drivers against local heroes?
    Last edited by Jarek Z; 8th April 2014 at 10:36.
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

Liked 11,153 Times in 4,428 Posts
    I can't believe what I read. Are you really serious? I thought that wise people (and I consider you a wise person) draw conclusions from the past not to repeat the same mistakes in future?
    Neither you nor me have a power to change worldwide rules. For me it's pointless to complain about how beautiful it would be if everything was completely different. I wanted to point out that it's better to discuss real possibilities rather than dreams.

I'll try to be as specific as I can. What sense does it make to organize a sporting event in a country where competitors do not want to compete? I think that ERC organizers should choose the localizations of ERC rounds more carefully. One of the main factors of attractiveness of a rally event is the entry list. In Ireland this entry list is very poor, because local drivers do not want to compete. In order to avoid such situations in future this round should be given to another country. As far as I remember more than 20 countries were interested to host an ERC event. Why not choose a country where everybody competes in the same type of cars? Is it not more exciting to see the fight of top ERC drivers against local heroes?
    That's all true but it's about different thing than the original topic You started. Your complains were about the existence of the 2-in-1 event.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 304 Times in 214 Posts
    Pitty the absence of Stéphane Lefèbvre in Junior ERC
    Maybe he chose to oriente his career in JWRC where he won in Portugal

Liked 9,365 Times in 4,978 Posts
    Interesting discussion guys..

Re the CoI getting ERC status, I guess the ERC are trying to spread the brand as widely as possible and go to countries with a large rally fanbase.

Liked 304 Times in 214 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mousti View Post
    ...Ingram VS Cerny for Junior ERC victory

Not if Ingram is in the Twingo

Liked 827 Times in 374 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom206wrc View Post
    Pitty the absence of Stéphane Lefèbvre in Junior ERC
    Maybe he chose to oriente his career in JWRC where he won in Portugal
    Azores is his next rally. Ireland was not included.

Sent from my HTC Desire X using Tapatalk 2

Liked 3,301 Times in 1,739 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Interesting discussion guys..
    Thanks, but I'm afraid we should finish it now. I will never understand why Mirek doesn't understand me and we should stop at this point, because it's becoming too negative for the forum.
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!