Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 833 Times in 405 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Damian Baldi View Post
    CEO Rally Team from Concordia, Entre Ríos is working to finish in time a Toyota Yaris for Nadia Cutro, who is stepping up from the Junior to the Maxi Rally category. The work on the car started months ago but got halted, and now is starting again with the target to be part of the first event of the championship.

Is Nadia Cutro any good? I saw here competing in Porsche Supercup(?) at the Autódromo and wasn't very impressed.

Liked 41 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steve.mandzij View Post
    Is Nadia Cutro any good? I saw here competing in Porsche Supercup(?) at the Autódromo and wasn't very impressed.
    It was she at the porsche Supercup? Or it was Ianina Zanazzi? Zanazzi was 2018 champion in the Porsche cup.

About Cutro, she was 2017 champion of the Junior category. She was good both 2018 and 2019 but didn't got the championship. She's a good driver with a car ran by a family team. The car was made by his brother in law and codriver. I can't say if she would fight for the victory in the Maxi rally class. She must learn how to drive a MR car (she have experience with the Mistubish Evo), but her style is aggresive so maybe we could be surprised.
    Last edited by Damian Baldi; 28th January 2020 at 18:20.

The Tango Rally Team faces the new season with four cars. Three of them for the current drivers of 2019, the champion Miguel Baldoni, the ex owner and current sport director Marcos Ligato, the ex tennis player David Nalbandian and the newcomer Juan Décima.

All cars will be Chevrolet, three Agile and an Onix (for Nalbandian).

The ugly Agile should be writen off, it's out of production since late 2016, BUT it's still a winner car.

4. Likes: steve.mandzij (30th January 2020),TWRC (31st January 2020)
    Rodrigo "Coco" Zeballos and Luciano "Lucho" Allende team up for season 2020. Allende will still be Nicolas Diaz copilot on the CODASUR rallyes.

Zeballo's Peugeot 208 will be serviced and prepared by GP Racing Team of Gabriel Pozzo in Córdoba Argentina this year, instead doing it directly from the neighbourg country.

Few news these days even with the beginning of the championship in two weeks. There are many other turismo cars categories starting their championship these days, and other already started.

Meanwhile Zeballos Peugeot 208 arrived from Uruguay to Córdoba, Argentina to their new home at the Gabriel Pozzo workshop.

Short video in midle of the workshop.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1227673379739705346

This year is the 40th anniversary of Rally of Argentina, so there will be some news. It looks like Federico Villagra with codriver Virginia Klus will be part of the WRC class with a fourth Toyota. Virginia is usually the codriver of his father on a Mitsubishi Lancer EVO IX.

Here Villagra and Klus when they shared a Maxi Rally Ford Fiesta

Meanwhile just a week before the Toledo Rally, there was a road show with two Maxi Rally cars and Gabriel Pozzo (group-N 2001 champion) was there with a replica of his Mitsubishi Lancer EVO VI.

The entry list will be known this week.

8. Likes: steve.mandzij (27th February 2020),the sniper (23rd February 2020)
    More news. Nicolas Díaz who left Rally Argentino championship to focus on CODASUR rally with his Maxi Rally Ford Fiesta, has being testing a Hyundai i20 R5 this week. On the tests Gabriel Pozzo drove the car too to get some info and experience.

Current Díaz's car is attended by Gabriel Pozzo Competición team, so maybe they have plans to run the R5. The question is where, in Chile, the CODASUR or here now that the R5 and R4 are allowed?

Nicolas Díaz

Gabriel Pozzo

With the hands in what it looks like a i20 differential

Here is a video onboard of part of the test. There are not notes, it looks like is just a shakedown to know the car.
    https://twitter.com/i/status/1231397761855127553
    Last edited by Damian Baldi; 23rd February 2020 at 14:40.

Finally the entry list for the Rally of Toledo is out. It will be a race on the flat field, there was an idea to move one of the stages near the mountains but finally it will stay as it was last year. This gives more opportunities for those drivers from the east like Leandro Bonnin and Nadia Cutro from Entre Ríos province, and Rodrigo Zeballos from Uruguay whom are very fast in this kind of surface, as for some others that comes from the regional "Mar y Sierras" rally.

The entry list shows the first R5 car (Hyundai i20) competing for points in the Rally Argentino, it will be driven by chilean driver Martín Scuncio (team mate of Martín Suriani in Chile). There will be 20 Maxi Rally cars, 2 RC4N and on the FWD divisions 9 Junior cars and 10 RC5.

Martín Suriani won't be part of the race, he is studying these days, he have to leave to Mexico early next week and his car isn't ready. He could rent another car, but it looks like he is very busy. He said he will join with his Peugeot 208 at the next race and will take part of the rest of the championship.

Nadia Cutro haven't his new Toyota ready, instead she appears with a VW Gol Maxi.

Map
    Last edited by Damian Baldi; 25th February 2020 at 05:32.

11. Likes: b3637853 (25th February 2020)
    Liked 168 Times in 98 Posts
    Fuchs back?

I wasn't expecting that, especially with the rumors that he will compete in RallyMobil with a R5 car.

Quote Originally Posted by Co-driven View Post
    Fuchs back?

I wasn't expecting that, especially with the rumors that he will compete in RallyMobil with a R5 car.
    Toledo is a small rally, Fuchs have his Maxi Rally Ford Fiesta for rallycross here, so I think it was easy to do the cross. Rally and Rallycross uses the same cars and regulations for now (only uses different tires). Fuchs was last year rallycross champion.

polideportivo-nicolas-fuchs-buscara-podio-campeonato-argentino-rallycross-n372698-696x418-580955.jpg