Thread: Welcome to the New Forums!
19th March 2014, 11:00 #1
- Join Date
- Apr 2000
- Chester-le-Street, United Kingdom
- Liked 85 Times in 63 Posts
Welcome to the New Forums!
You may have spotted that the forum software has changed, back to vBulletin which is what we were using before the big forum hack and many have expressed a preference to going back to, so here we are finally
Some issues to be aware of:
* Your login should be the same as you've been using, however it relies on contacting the old database to verify the password - this has quite a possibility of going wrong, so if you can't login let me know (details below) and I'll reset your password
* Permissions were not inherited from the old forums, these have to be set up from scratch, if it says you're banned, don't worry you aren't! Again let me know
* Any other issues you find again let me know, there's bound to be loads.
* New registrations are currently disabled until the spam firewall is in place - we got inundated with spam just during the install process!
Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgPlease 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums
19th March 2014, 11:18 #2
Looks good, when/if will we be allowed to get avatars?...Funny how ev'rything was roses when we held on to the guns...
19th March 2014, 11:21 #3
19th March 2014, 11:29 #4
OK no problemo take your time... *impatiently tapping my fingers against the desk*....Funny how ev'rything was roses when we held on to the guns...
19th March 2014, 12:21 #5
my ighore list is empty ((((((
I dont have controls when posting - for bold, italic, color etc. no emoticons too
19th March 2014, 12:22 #6
Your ignore list won't have been imported, but I can see the bold etc and a small amount of smilies work.
19th March 2014, 12:24 #7
also the small grey buttons for "Edit" and "Reply with quote" do not work - it just makes the mouse cursor "think"
19th March 2014, 12:28 #8
19th March 2014, 12:36 #9
19th March 2014, 12:56 #10
- Join Date
- Jun 2009
- Chelmsford, Essex, United Kingdom
- Liked 630 Times in 489 Posts
Wow. Hi all It looks Good.
Few questions (no rush to answer just wondering)
- How come Mark you've only got 21 posts?
-Will in time the "Like" Button be able to return?
-Will we have a lot more fun on this version?
-Where do I find smilie's? I don't appear to have any editing tools at all. Including like slowson said, no bold/underlinedI still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy