Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts

Re: Daniel Ricardo disqualified from Australian F1 race

Quote Originally Posted by Valve Bounce
    For those wondering about the 5 hour delay before RBR was DQ'd, today's news article reports that Ron Walker wanted Ricciardo to have his moment of glory, and champagne bath and adulation from the home crowd after a magnificent faultless drive over the weekend. Jo Baur had already reported the infringement immediately after the race. '
    What a joke. I don’t mean to be antagonistic Valve, but all that means to me is it afforded more time to party on Red Bull diluted with Vodka. Great advertising I must say
    May the forza be with you

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts

I very much doubt that's the case. The 5 hours will be going through the process of the protest and investigation.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    I very much doubt that's the case. The 5 hours will be going through the process of the protest and investigation.
    Are you calling Valve a liar?
    May the forza be with you

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts

LOL, sod off you . I think perhaps the news article may have not been entirely accurate
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts

I reckon Seb waited for Daniel to buy a round of drinks in the bar before reporting his car to the FIA. Hence the delay.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts

I think there would have been a riot there at the podium if Ricciardo had been dq'd before the ceremony.
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 385 Times in 191 Posts

There is a Rule and it is monitored by the equiment given. If they are told to adjust because those meter show too much flow, then they were given a fair chance to change.

Why would anyone believe RB's own meters? They can calibrated to show too little just to piss FIA off in these ind of situations....

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Austin View Post
    I hope we are not in for a whole season of this kind of BS. They've made F1 so complicated that it's not any fun to watch any more.

Ricardo had what was arguably the drive of the race snatched away from him because he burned too much fuel? Hell, that's what you're supposed to do when you're racing: burn too much fuel, go too fast, make too much noise and kick too much ass. I don't know what the hell we were watching last night but it wasn't racing.
    Well said!
    I thought the race wasn't bad, but if they want to encourage fans to watch and see F1 for what it should be, they shouldn't make decisions like this.
    Burning too much fuel? Never heard so much poppycock in my life!
    As you say, motor racing is meant to be like that.
    As Adam Hills would say on his Last Leg show (I can't say the word on here but I shall put one that rhymes): The FIA, you are micks!

Liked 47 Times in 35 Posts
    I agree completely with you .They were told they were over the limit with fuel supply ,as were Mercedes,and given the option to do something about it by adjusting the flow .Mercedes DID Red Bull decided not to .So from my mind nobody to blame but RB .Probably because they have got away with a few things before they thought ,they bend the rules for us !But the FIA made it very clear they were going to clamp down on this very heavily and I am glad they did !
    Quote Originally Posted by COD View Post
    There is a Rule and it is monitored by the equiment given. If they are told to adjust because those meter show too much flow, then they were given a fair chance to change.

Why would anyone believe RB's own meters? They can calibrated to show too little just to piss FIA off in these ind of situations....

Liked 385 Times in 191 Posts
    This somewhat confirms what I said. I doubt RB will be succesfull in their appeal

http://m.crash.net/f1/news/201284/1/...sor-issue.html