Re: Daniel Ricardo disqualified from Australian F1 race

Quote Originally Posted by Storm
    I thought that was funny

Me too. Fell right in.

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    Quote Originally Posted by anfield5

As for the part itself, is that manufactured by the teams, or supplied as part of the ECU?
    From the autosport article I referenced, these meters were supplied by the FIA, and RBR's contention is that they gave incorrect readings, and RBR did checked this out with their own flowmeter device. That FIA supplied these meters and if it can be shown that their readings were inconsistent, very easily done by independent tests if they were, then the FIA would have a helluva lot of explaining to do. Somehow, I wish Max was here to take the blame!
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by truefan72
    nope

it is the teams fault the sensor failed twice
    and the teams fault they gained an illegal advantage
    it would be absurd to think the FIA would overturn a clear infringement because the "team" screwed up and could not produce decent parts?
    I bet you the tight packaging, led to overheating, which lead to sensor failure.
    There is nothing the fIA did wrong in this case

shoot, if they are in the business of overturning results, maybe they should give the race win to hamilton, because something malfunctioned in his car and had nothing to do with his driving. lol
    Yep

I have this crazy conspiracy theory running around my cranium, that given their chance to change the flow meter before the race RB refused, (knowing their package would cause it to fail again) just to look good and sell more cow piss to Australians.

And.......the order came down from Dietrich Mateschitz

Probably not
    May the forza be with you

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts

There was a comment on the Sky coverage that Red Bull were having issues with reliability and working on the car as the packaging was so tight.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts

OOOOO Taz , you've got the "evil genius" gene in you , don't you ?

It all fits , dude .
    When you think that the drink sales must have been hurting from the Webber treatment , an appeal on this might make them look like heroes for the great Aussie cause .
    They'll have to make the FIA look entirely stupid to do it , but they'll get away with it easily , by virtue of having two teams in the game making them quite indispensable .
    Even if they don't win the appeal , they will win in sales . Pretty slick if so .

One thing seemingly escaping notice here , though , is that the FIA took five hours to determine a decision .
    Given that Red Bull made deliberate decisions to disobey procedures and directions , we should be able to assume that they gave somewhat full reasoning for such moves to those making the call .
    I think we may assume also , that those reasons were considered , and that it is , perhaps , why it took five hours .
    It's no small thing to disqualify the home town boy , and that point would be crucial in the decision making process .
    That's all the more reasoning for the five hours .

But , in the end , they came to this decision , so I think it will stick , no matter how cruel .
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazio
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72
    nope

it is the teams fault the sensor failed twice
    and the teams fault they gained an illegal advantage
    it would be absurd to think the FIA would overturn a clear infringement because the "team" screwed up and could not produce decent parts?
    I bet you the tight packaging, led to overheating, which lead to sensor failure.
    There is nothing the fIA did wrong in this case

shoot, if they are in the business of overturning results, maybe they should give the race win to hamilton, because something malfunctioned in his car and had nothing to do with his driving. lol
    Yep

I have this crazy conspiracy theory running around my cranium, that given their chance to change the flow meter before the race RB refused, (knowing their package would cause it to fail again) just to look good and sell more cow piss to Australians.

And.......the order came down from Dietrich Mateschitz

Probably not

Liked 47 Times in 35 Posts

I understand the FIA told all the teams that this device would be monitored,and they ( The FIA) would come down heavily on any infringements.Glad to see they have stuck to their word,on the first race of the year.Now all the teams understand that any (Cheating) or blatant breaking of the rules will result in heavy action .
    Two teams were warned of the fuel meters showing too much fuel pressure during the race ,one Mercedes did something about it ,and their results stands,the other team chose to ignore the advice from the FIA ,and NOT do anything and must accept the penalty .
    A pity ,as I feel Ricardo drove a fine race,but RB knew the car was illegal,and were told so ,Dan did not !
    His team let him down

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dj_bytedisaster
    FIA should be taken outside and shot in the face. They 'enforce' a rule with equipment that has been proven to be faulty. There were inaccurate readings all through winter testing. The Mercs had too high readings in FP3 and limited their engines to 96 kg/h to satisfy the lying sensors. But that's an easy thing to do if you have a ridiculously superior engine, a luxury that Ferrari and Renault customers don't have.
    How the hell can you enforce a rule that you can't gouvern reliably?? It's ridiculous.
    Absolutely. Farcical stuff from the FIA.

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts

At this juncture, I would like to correct the guy's name on the thread title. His name is RICCIARDO, pronounced RICHIARDO - in Italian. (Can pino confirm the pronunciation please). Of course, in Oz, he is called Ricardo and it doesn't seem to phase him. Great personality, always friendly with a big smile and a dimple.
    For those wondering about the 5 hour delay before RBR was DQ'd, today's news article reports that Ron Walker wanted Ricciardo to have his moment of glory, and champagne bath and adulation from the home crowd after a magnificent faultless drive over the weekend. Jo Baur had already reported the infringement immediately after the race. '
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 192 Times in 174 Posts

It is obviously Rich-ee-ardo if it is Italian but on sky/star, they said he prefers it to be Ricardo...a bit weird since I thought you would like
    people to call you by your actual name rather than what is easy for them..
    Tito Vilanova = :champion:

Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Storm
    It is obviously Rich-ee-ardo if it is Italian but on sky/star, they said he prefers it to be Ricardo...a bit weird since I thought you would like
    people to call you by your actual name rather than what is easy for them..
    Well he is Australian, not Italian. If he says it's to be pronounced "ricardo" then I don't think anyone else can really argue!